Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am in need of a rebuild kit for the above item for my 1986 VT1100C. I have tried eBay, and no one seems to have one that matches my model exactly.

I am wondering, has anyone had success with another kit for a different year/model? I'm trying to match model numbers with my bike, and it's very frustrating, they almost match, but not quite. Is there an easier way than looking up each part number that is closest to my year and then comparing?

If I can find the closest one, I'm going to get the slave cylinder kit and do that too, did it on my 1987 VT700 and it was easy, even for a mechanically declined person like myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Be careful what you get! Spend the extra money and be sure to get a good quality kit. I bought a cheap one (off eBay) that was supposed to be for my bike. The piston was too big (wouldn’t even fit in the cylinder!) and the spring had no hole in the end to accept the plunger. So I ended up having to reuse my old hardware. After one season of use the rubbers started to fail and leak pressure. Lost a good deal of spring riding and had to do it all over again! :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! That is amazing! Custom85VT, I got two great quality kits last year for the 1987 but was very disappointed to find the same company didn't have the kit for the 1986. 93gc40 - I bow down to your eBay skills, I must have not looked long enough or put in the correct search terms. Thank you very much, the order has already been placed!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I got lucky. Pulled part# off Bikebandit who has the part for about $45 and plugged it into ebay search. Was the only thing that came up

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah you cannot go wrong with NOS OEM. That is a good find! And not a bad price, all things considered. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts