Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I let the clutch out in each gear, I can hear it make a clink noise down by the shift lever. I have already shifted, let clutch out and right at the end of release is when I hear it.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Here is something to check...

Since your clutch is cable operated, you will want to check the end of the cable at the motor. To do this, you will need to take the left side cover off. There is a nut on the bottom of this cover and a spring clip on top. Here is the picture:

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0359/left_crankcase_cover/left_crankcase_cover.bmp

You are looking to remove item #2 on the right side of the picture. Once you hve the cover off, inspect how the cable is resting in item #9. If it is real loose, then you may have found your problem. Pull the clutch in and let it out and see if you can tell where the noice is coming from. If you cannot determine where it is coming from or still think that it is internal, then take the bike back to the shop and have them fix it at no cost to you. Your bike is still too new to be having these problems.

Hope this helps.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.