Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I broke the mirror off my bike which is connected to clutch perch.
no problem I got a new one ,fit right on put all back together and bike starts right up problem is when I shift in gear bike conks out , I've adjusted the cable all way in conks out all the way out it conks out in the middle it conks out cant figure what the hell is wrong
in the old perch there was this plastic electrical piece with two prongs on one end and a plunger piece on the other end that slides thru a sleeve pointing toward handle bars . At the handle bar there is two wires that hook to the prongs. I took it out of old perch and put it in new perch. First question is what is this piece called and what is its function? this plastic piece maybe too far into sleeve of new perch and not being plunged when clutch is pulled in any help from anybody is so welcome

thanks norm

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
it's the clutch switch, part of your safety interlock system (on start up). It works like, this here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RONW you are a smart man
I was doing all of this with kickstand down which breaks circuit
im a dumbass for sure thank god for guys like you on this forum

thanks norm

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Is you kickstand down when you are trying to shift into gear? The kickstand has tobe up when you put the bike in gear.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,452 Posts
Not to mention your clutch need to be adjusted back to 1/2"-3/4" freeplay @ the lever end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts