Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a realy nice shadow 1987 for 8 months now. Becausse my friction plates were done i have brought my bike to a shop for replacement of the frictiondiscs. Whithin 1000 km the frictiondiscs burned en there was the use of gear was not possible. As far as i know the discs should be good for a 50.000 km so i went back to the shop and they replaced the disks again but this wasn't the solution within a 150 km the discs burned again.

I have figured out myself that it could be a lack of oil in the clutch or a wrong essemble frictiondiscs + clutchplates.

Is er anyone who is fammiliar with this kind of problemes. I've brought my bike back to the shop and ask for free and good repairment. I will be at the garage when they work on it and i'd like te have as much information as possible and hang my nose in the clutch and follow the repairment.

please any reaction is welcome !!!
Shadowrider from Amsterdam Holland

G

·
Did they just replace the friction disks? If your steel clutch plates are worn, warped, or damaged, it could cause premature failure of the friction disks.

Have them check the steel plates for flatness and damage.

Welcome to the forum :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
Is there a chance you are using "Energy Conserving" oil or oil additives that are causing excessive slipping? Or was it put in the bike in the past and is causing slippage problems?
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.