Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished installing new throttle cables. Thankfully I got to them before they snapped. One was down to only 2 threads. Yikes.

Anyway, I had my left handlebar turn signal switch and mirror sitting upside down, resting on my front tire for about a day or a bit more while I installed the new cables.

When I reinstalled my switch, I noticed my clutch was really tight (no freeplay) and I had to adjust it at the bottom adjuster. No problem. However, next day my clutch was back to being tight again. I did not ride it over this period. I was just messing around with installing my handlebar and switches in the right place.

I followed the clutch line from the top to the bottom and it seems like the line is not kinked or rubbing on anything.

I've since adjusted the clutch again with enough freeplay and it seems fine now. I rode around a bit and it seemed different, but probably just because it was adjusted a bit differently.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts why the cable became tight twice without really doing anything to it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did one of the ends of the housing slip out of the hole it sits in?
I looked and I really don't think so. I can't really see the one on the lever, but definitely not on the bottom. I've been riding around since all this work and it feels fine so far. I'll update if anything changes.

Thanks for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts