Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like the sound of the drag pipes. I like them being loud but they have a high pitch. I bought 8 inch round chrome car exhaust tips and slid them over the end of the cobra pipes and secured them with the screw for the baffles. I took it for a ride yesterday and it sounds more throaty. Easy fix to my problem and saved a lot of cash versus new pipes:lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are they the skinny looking drag pipes? I bought the Hard Krome drag pipes because they were a larger diameter (at least they looked bigger). Just curious because I considered the Cobra first but ended up going with the HK. I really like the sound even without tips of any kind

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have Cobra Drags 2" and I like them. They are not as deep as Long Shots but they sound as good as the Sampson Street Sweepers I had on my VStar. Plus I like the looks.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Any time you can increase the diameter of you exhaust it will produce/resonate lower frequencies.... to a point... get too big and it sounds like one of those fart cans on those F&F Honda Civics you see ..lol

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Any time you can increase the diameter of you exhaust it will produce/resonate lower frequencies.... to a point... get too big and it sounds like one of those fart cans on those F&F Honda Civics you see ..lol

I hate those!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts