Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm commuting 150 per day from my place in Santa Cruz to Berkeley and back... and dealing with traffic has me wanting some loud pipes for splitting lanes and general safety.

I've read the reviews and I'm thinking the COBRA 1 & 5/8 drag pipes may be the ticket. Wondering if you guys have any suggestions for proper jet kits or other mods to make this work best...? If I can get her to breath better I'm hoping for a touch more HP also.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
cobras are good pipes and expensive,.the pipes i have on my bike are loud,and the pervious owner who had them put on said the jet kit came with the pipes..however he had to go up another size as it wasnt runnin right..idk...theres no name on my pipes whatsoever so i cant tell you what kind they are,all i know is a buddy was ridin with me one day and fell behind by about 200yds. on the 4lane and he could still hear me.lol...if price is an issue,check around 1st,im sure theres alot of pipes out there for alot less then cobras and still give you the sound youre after. ride safe.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
pipes won't save you, but the cobra's are definitely loud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have Cobra Drag pipes on my 750 Aero. I love them. They are loud when you want them loud and mellow out during cruise and light throttle. They were on bike when I bought it and I've been having power flat spot issues and slight surging from mid throttle to full throttle. I installed Dynojet stage 2 kit and currently fine tuning. The settings that Dynojet recommends are a good starting point. This is my opinion, of course, and my particular bike. May or may not work for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna order a pair of Cobras and a Dynojet kit tomorrow.

Should I get a different air filter too? Maybe an air-box mod?

-Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.