Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted everyone to know how I felt riding below 32 degrees.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
My bike dash was telling me it was as low as 34 today up riding around Flagstaff.. New jacket is workin' out great! :)

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
32° f way to Cold for me ! :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
34* here for yesterday morning's 40-45 minute ride to the office. Not too bad other than fingers a little numb by the time I got there, but the 60* afternoon commute more than made up for it.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Rode in 28 Monday morning. My only regret is that I don't have any warmers or anything under my jeans. Leather kept the top half warm though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Rode in 28 Monday morning. My only regret is that I don't have any warmers or anything under my jeans. Leather kept the top half warm though.
If you have a Cyclegear next to you, swing by and pick up some of their Freeze-out long johns, keeps your legs nice and warm.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I don't, but I will look for some to order!

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
If you have a Cyclegear next to you, swing by and pick up some of their Freeze-out long johns, keeps your legs nice and warm.
I wear the Carhartt Base Force Super Cold Weather stuff.. I wear the bottoms, the top with a thin turtleneck over it - then my winter riding gear.. I can ride all day in the freezing cold like that and still keep toasty in that setup, without feeling too bulky.

My hands tho' :lol: ...

..Right now - along with the additional wind protection on my new scoot - I'm having a good experience with glove liners in my summer gloves.. I really don't like the feeling of too much padding on my hands, so this is the better alternative than my winter gloves which are in my bags just in case of emergencies :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Went for a 40 mile ride yesterday in 41 degree sunny weather. Great day for a ride - there was just a hint of spring in the air. Got a chance to try out my new pinlock shield on my Shoei Quest helmet. I found that if you dress right, even an old guy like me can be comfortable!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With the windshield I am able to ride with a jacket and leather vest. Only issue is cold finders. Need to get some chaps and a bigger jacket. I am also going to consider some warmers. Just cant help but ride.

Dang cold weather, Can't wait for spring. Good to see I am not alone. I enjoy it when I hit that long road with no shade, just good warm sun and the open road. Love it.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Roadmaster
983 Posts
Went for a 40 mile ride yesterday in 41 degree sunny weather. Great day for a ride - there was just a hint of spring in the air. Got a chance to try out my new pinlock shield on my Shoei Quest helmet. I found that if you dress right, even an old guy like me can be comfortable!
I love my pinlock! It would be perfect if I could keep my sunglasses from fogging over.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ordered me a pair of these tonight on Amazon! Hoping for the best. My legs are my main concern now. Nice toasty leather jacket, Joe Rocket gloves, they keep me toasty warm, but man, my legs have been freezing to the point to where it takes the fun out of it. I'll give these a try. Gotta be better than just my ball room jeans. And I need ball room jeans riding a pink bike.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I love my pinlock! It would be perfect if I could keep my sunglasses from fogging over.
That's why I have 3 different pinlock visors and keep 2 of them in my saddlebag - Dark, Clear and Amber High-def.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts