Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at the thermometer this morning, saw 9 degrees, and got out the truck. :D

I'll ride at freezing or a bit below, but I draw the line at single digits.

So what's your "lowest" temperature you'll regularly ride at. Not "got caught in" or "if it's important." But just that "another day at work" sort... :mrgreen:

· Registered
1,096 Posts
Once it gets below 20 the car starts to look pretty good. Ridden in the teens plenty but it's just not much fun. Now, if Santa were to bring me some heated gear...

· Registered
7,916 Posts
Around 40. I have nothing heated or thick enough for anything below that. I've done 35 and it was terrible. We rarely get down that low so it isn't a big deal to cage it here and there.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Don't really know.. If there's snow on ground - I don't care - If there's snow on the roads I won't ride.. But if the roads are clear I will..

I was up in the mountains a couple of weeks ago and it started snowing, I got back down that hill pretty quick :lol:

But, if it's just cold out - I'll just wrap up warm and head on out..

· Registered
244 Posts
When I used to have a 30-40 minute ride to work, I would ride in low 20s temps, under certain conditions. Now it's 3.5 miles one way to work, so I'm a lot less likely to do it. If it's a ride just for the sake of riding, I'll bundle up and go in most cases. But if not, the truck's heated seats work far better than the bike's heated seat anyway!

· Registered
2,408 Posts
Low 40's so far on the way home at night after work 11:30 or so. Probably not going to invest in winter riding gear this year. Gotta ask Santa for some gear!

· Registered
10,265 Posts
Rode down to 15, did about 80 miles. I normally wont ride below 30 just for fun, a benefit ride or for Motorcycle ministry I will though.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
I have not found my limit, just below freezing, high 20's, is the lowest I've ridden in, but that is a rare day here. Usually it was my hands that would get too cold, and now I have heated grips...

· Registered
1,159 Posts
In my younger days up north 17 F, now more of a wimp with thin Florida blood drive the car to work at below 38 degrees

· Registered
9,268 Posts
No heated gear here. 20*F and above is where I draw the line. Below 20*,and it just feels stupid. No since in riding if I'm going to hate it.

· Registered
3,130 Posts
Where I am it doesn't get to freezing that often so I dont often ride too cold, I have reasonably warm gear and will ride as long as its not looking like ice is about....

I dont ride to work as I am only a little way up the road, not going far enough ... and I take my dog.

through winter I will often start a weekend ride just above freezing but it usually warms during the ride (not that it feels like it with wind chill factor)

· Registered
2,698 Posts
10C (sorry I don't know old fashioned) is my limit. After that the truck is my primary mode of transport. I have ridden below that but only 'cause I needed to get home-it really sucked.

Dingo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.