Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife's bike has the single turn signal indicator. I noticed while riding with her, somehow she's signaling opposite (sometimes) direction for a turn. She's aware of it too. I guess she can't see the signal from where she sits, I don't understand how she sometimes gets the switch mixed up, but I can see where there could be a danger in signaling the opposite direction.
I wonder it there's enough room for this assembly to protrude under the plastic bezel? All the wires are right there. Simple enough to locate, install and seal.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Does she understand to thumb the turn signal to the left for left turns, thumb it forward for the right turns. Also to cancel by pushing the thumb button straight in.

What is that thingy pictured in your post?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I assume she understands. Maybe I shouldn't ASSume.
That thing's a small self contained LED panel mounted indicator. Something I'm considering as a possibility. A pair of them in the more familiar right/left configuration.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
How can you screw it up? Thumb left for left turn, thumb right for right turn, push to cancel. My kids can do that. Now, cancelling-that's a skill.

Dingo.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can you screw it up? Thumb left for left turn.....
Have you ever seen the warnings on a bottle of bleach?
"Don't drink this!"

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Do really think she looks down for the indicator? Mount some LED's up the handle bars or windshield if she has one. I like others have said wonder how she is getting left and right confused. Is she a blond?:)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
" I like others have said wonder how she is getting left and right confused. "
I really don't understand either. But by doing everything I can to help, I guess I'm doing my part. In both our bikes we were forgetting to cancel turn signals. I installed a piezoelectric sounder inside the headlamp buckets to remind us. The sounders inhibit whenever either brake is engaged. Sounds a little like a back-up alarm. Shouldn't really need this, but human nature.....

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
If the circuit is anything like the 01-06 models, you cant add anything to it or it wont work at all.

You can however... tap them off of the actual leads in the signal housings if you must. But, how can she not see the glow from the lens?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure I see why somebody had trouble. Honda did a little mixing up with the switching for the signal indicator. It can take a minute to get right inside your head if you're not expecting it. They made it a little more complicated to make it a little more simple. Thirty plus years in electronics. I'm kinda used to it.

So I asked her " will you look at the dash?"
She said she always does. OK, mix THIS up!

·
Registered
206 Posts
How long has she been riding and is it just odd weekend day. She might be not thinking/planning ahead of her turns and lane changes or looking the wrong way when she hitting the switch. Practice time, as at some point it will get her in a bit of an issue.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Yup. Wrong signal can get a person hurt. Hope she learns soon. Nice job on the indicators.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts