Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone

56 year old who hasn't rode a bike since my 400 hawk back in the 80's which was my only transportation while going though chiropractic school in Atlanta. Kids are grown and decided I wanted to get back into ridding I still actually have my motorcycle endorsement on my license which i never knew was still active. A friend had a 80 something cb500 which he let me take out. Things came back except for turning from a stop especially a left. I never even new what the word counter steering was back in those days. Good thing for you tube but I'm also planing on taking the beginner and intermediate riding courses.

I picked up a 96 VT1100C in pristine condition 18,000 miles on her for 1,900 which I thought was a good deal.

I'll ask a few questions about where you all are mounting your Stebel Nautilus horn and what kind of oil you guys are recommending a lot with oil filters and air filters once I get approval to post.

Sad thing is my helmet is not coming until Monday so all I can do is wax her and just sit on her and go varoooommmmm.

Just wanted to say hi

Evan

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
No helmet law in CT is thats your concern. if you prefer not ride without a helmet, by all means, hold off until it comes in.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know there is no helmet law, I just don't feel comfortable without it. I bought a gmax modular days like today approaching 100 degrees I sure hope the reviews were right about how well the vents work. I remember when i had my 400 ridding in shorts and those muffler burns on the my lower leg. started up the shadow to warm it up to change the oil. The wife said hey I want to try to get on the back so i got on and boom my first muffler burn ahhhhhh something don't change..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts