Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After checking my switch (2000 Shadow 750 Ace14k) it was gunky so I cleaned it off with a tooth brush & wd40 wiped dry & dab of dialectic grease. When the relay is bypassed the signal lights work like new as well as the switch. Its the relay starting to act crazy it will speed click until you reset it then theres still a delay before the signal flashes. That said I called the local Honda stealer and was quoted 69.99$ before taxes for a new unit. A electrician by trade I know this is a simple relay that can be bypassed with a 3 wire auto tsr as I can not bring myself to pay 75$. My question to the forum is has any one else ventured this route and if so how has the change over held up , parts used etc ? Also are their any threads/links related to this matter as any time saving advice will help my cause. Btw if theres anything ive overlooked by all means holla.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So far all i could find was a led type will work with led or stock lamps 14.99$ looks like a close fit but not 100% shure its plug n play figure if I have to modifiy that i mite as well rig from scratch. Plenty of oem used units average 20.00$ ea including shiping. To me used = hit or miss. To honest I really havent spend to much time on the web searching though Ill keep looking woulda been nice to not modify though.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,928 Posts
At $40 dealer price, this drove me to O`Reilleys automotive parts store...
I replaced mine for $12 by changing the plugs on the wires to 1/4"spade connectors...

Good Luck,
D

· Registered
3,084 Posts
After checking my switch (2000 Shadow 750 Ace14k) it was gunky so I cleaned it off with a tooth brush & wd40 wiped dry & dab of dialectic grease. When the relay is bypassed the signal lights work like new as well as the switch. Its the relay starting to act crazy it will speed click until you reset it then theres still a delay before the signal flashes. That said I called the local Honda stealer and was quoted 69.99$ before taxes for a new unit. A electrician by trade I know this is a simple relay that can be bypassed with a 3 wire auto tsr as I can not bring myself to pay 75$. My question to the forum is has any one else ventured this route and if so how has the change over held up , parts used etc ? Also are their any threads/links related to this matter as any time saving advice will help my cause. Btw if theres anything ive overlooked by all means holla.
Don't know if it's the same relay or not but I have the stock thermal relay off of my VLX you can have, you pay shipping. Only reason I replaced it was I went to Cycle Gear and bought an LED rated relay for $20 that was plug & play to use with my LED switchback bulbs.

· Registered
354 Posts
I replaced mine with a generic automotive electronic turn signal relay. Works with an electronic circuit R/C fixed flash rate. Never varies and is not load dependent. About $10 at a major chain auto supply,
+12 supply, - ground and lamp output are marked on the plastic case as well as labeled in the package.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I replaced mine with a generic automotive electronic turn signal relay. Works with an electronic circuit R/C fixed flash rate. Never varies and is not load dependent. About $10 at a major chain auto supply,
+12 supply, - ground and lamp output are marked on the plastic case as well as labeled in the package.
Have you any part # info. As i would like to go for the shure thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.