Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, came across this helmet today, and assuming it fits me well, I'll have to pick one up soon. I definitely think this is a pretty unique looking lid.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/sidejam/******%20S%20with%20Bubble%20Shield.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Looks nice with a bubble shield. I wonder tho about the possible distortion it may cause.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,257 Posts
Definitly a pretty cool looking helmet but $230 for the helmet and the shield is a $40 option and its only DOT approved.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitly a pretty cool looking helmet but $230 for the helmet and the shield is a $40 option and its only DOT approved.
For a helmet based on style, not sure what other rating you're looking for? I really like it because it has a retro style, without being an actual vintage helmet. Can't really see anyone wanting to use this for racing or on a track day. From my understanding this helmet was made to have more protection than an open face helmet, and provide a cool, retro look.

Compared to the helmet below, I'd say it's a great deal!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Looks nice and many of us older riders had bubble shields back in the day, think we called them gold fish bowl shields. However it looks like it'll be pretty hot inside with no air vents hope you live way up north.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Those helmets not only are sweet, they're super comfy. I don't own one, but was planning on getting one and have tried some on. Never with the bubble shield though, and it doesn't need vents it's got a huge one right in the front!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.