Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high and low for a set of grips like this that will work on the Shadow 1100 (ACE).
I don't have the tools to make my own. Anyone have any ideas of how to get a set with the proper cable slots so it'll fit the Honda?

Cylinder Material property Auto part Gas Pattern

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,657 Posts
The plating will probably wear off due to the fact they're aluminum. As far as aftermarket Honda fit, Kuryakyn make about the best and they're not Chinese knock offs. Chrome or black finish is the norm regardless. These parts pictured are really bad as you can see the sanding marks in them from the half arse polishing. Remember your bike is metric not a SAE equipped. W/O skills and equipment, tools, etc. customizing by "mail order" is limited.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plating will probably wear off due to the fact they're aluminum. As far as aftermarket Honda fit, Kuryakyn make about the best and they're not Chinese knock offs. Chrome or black finish is the norm regardless. These parts pictured are really bad as you can see the sanding marks in them from the half arse polishing. Remember your bike is metric not a SAE equipped. W/O skills and equipment, tools, etc. customizing by "mail order" is limited.
Oh, absolutely. I'm not looking for the junk version of these that will fit the Shadow, just wondering if anyone has seen anything like them in actual copper, or something similar.

I'm not a fan of most of the Kuryakyn grips that I've seen. I have a set now and am planning to replace them with something that fits my preferences a bit better, if I can find what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Kuryakyn used to be made in S. Korea and were pretty good quality. The last few things I bought from them were made in China. and definitely of a lesser quality.

I also don't like their grips for the Honda. They are 90 degrees off on their orientation. Might be better off to get a universal set of their grips and glue them to your throttle sleeve.. I did have Kuryakyn grips on my Nomad and thought they were OK.

Last 8 years, I have simply used the Grab-On grip sleeves on my stock grips. But then I don't care how they look, function 1st!

Reactions: M'OtherOrb

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'll add you would hate those grips pictured IF you had a set, your feet will slide off the pegs, your hands will hate the hard feel, and the metal shift peg will not do your shoes any favors...

Reactions: h13man

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll add you would hate those grips pictured IF you had a set, your feet will slide off the pegs, your hands will hate the hard feel, and the metal shift peg will not do your shoes any favors...
I wouldn't get a full set; I agree the pegs and foot controls would be miserable. I always wear gloves, and generally haven't been bothered by metal grips in the past.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts