Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't noticed this come up, nor have I looked but, if you see an officer riding do you bother to wave or not?

On one hand, they're a fellow rider, but on the other hand...

I actually did this today. I was taking a run down the local bike dealership strip and was behind a large truck pulling a plethora of port-a-potties and, then I suddenly noticed a bike slip into view from oncoming traffic so I instinctively did a low side wave which turned out to be a cop - not certain if he returned the gesture or not as it was a brief pass.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I haven't noticed this come up, nor have I looked but, if you see an officer riding do you bother to wave or not?

On one hand, they're a fellow rider, but on the other hand...

I actually did this today. I was taking a run down the local bike dealership strip and was behind a large truck pulling a plethora of port-a-potties and, then I suddenly noticed a bike slip into view from oncoming traffic so I instinctively did a low side wave which turned out to be a cop - not certain if he returned the gesture or not as it was a brief pass.
Sure, it can't hurt. Underneath, they are normal people too...well, some of them. Can't hurt to wave.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Why would you NOT waive?

If you don't waive to anybody, no big deal. But if you waive to everyone but the cops, then you obviously don't respect them. 99 percent of the cops are our friends, they have a job to do to.

Dan

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
There's no motorcycle officers around here, but I can't see a reason not to wave. Seems like a lot of people forget that police officers are regular guys (and girls) too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've never saw a motorcycle officer on patrol around here but will wave when I do. Heck I usually wave at them if they're in cages as well.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I see motocops around FortWorth everyday. About half will wave back if I wave first. A couple will wave 1st. They seem pretty coll when I meet them.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Always wave at LEO's no matter what I or they are driving/riding.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
I always wave at them, bike or cage, that way they know 1 more person is NOT against them. Hopefully one day when I screw up, the cop will remember me.
Wishful thinking I know!
Coop

·
Registered
128 Posts
no bike cops here, but in South Africa I always did wave at them, and got a wave back ALL the time!

:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
My neighbor is a motorcycle cop. We usually leave to work at the same time. He waves to me and I wave to him. Other than that I prefer not to attract any more attention from the cops than needed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
99.9% of the time they won't bother you unless you are breaking the law. You would not like it if they were not around. Chaos in the streets. They are in our corner, yea really.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.