Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
We purchased a GL1000 in 2000 and took it for the first long distance ride, about 800 miles. The seat was HORRIBLE. We soon traded that for a Corbin two-up seat. We rode that seat for 20,000 miles, sometimes days on end during 3000+ mile trips. It was the most comfortable vehicle seat I have ever owned. Car,truck or motorcycle. I don't know but I'm fairly sure they're as good as they were back then. Corbin has my vote always.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
I was looking at the F6B for a while..That bike came in a real-close second when I went shopping for my new bike.. Corbin makes a heated smuggler seat for the F6B which would have been a definite purchase for that bike..

I even called Corbin about the seat for the F6B.. If I wanted, I could ask them to move me forward or aft from the stock seating position, or, after delivery, I could send the seat back for customization and that would be free unless they had to replace the seat fabric.. Then they would just charge me cost.

That's Pretty Good in my estimation.

They really make some top-notch stuff.. The customization of their seats puts them ahead of the game in most respects in the aftermarket seat biz.

Russell Day-Long too.. But his seats are little more involved and require you send in your stock seat ( I think?) ...

Some people complain that Corbin Seats are too hard.. Like some complain that Mustang seats are too hard.. But these guys are still in business for a reason.. Usually, they are just what people are looking for. ;)

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
One of the vendors at Angel City Bike Rally does these seat alterations and recovering...

I found this out two weeks after I had my seat reupholstered...

It is good that while you`re right there, they fit the seat the way you like it, right NOW

I saw Corbins getting a facelift too

·
Registered
354 Posts
Corbin's firmness is a vital part of how it works. Over a short period, about a half hour of sitting, it forms itself to fit the shape of your backside. Part of the failure of our original seat was the foam was exhausted and no longer supportive. The old foam simply compressed and soon we were sitting on almost the metal seat pan itself with a layer of compressed plastic material on top of that. While it is somewhat firm, it does conform but still supports so we were sitting atop a perfect negative shape of our own butts. I've ridden a Corbin seat from daylight to dark with few stops on more than one occasion. It never felt uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Corbin's firmness is a vital part of how it works. Over a short period, about a half hour of sitting, it forms itself to fit the shape of your backside. Part of the failure of our original seat was the foam was exhausted and no longer supportive. The old foam simply compressed and soon we were sitting on almost the metal seat pan itself with a layer of compressed plastic material on top of that. While it is somewhat firm, it does conform but still supports so we were sitting atop a perfect negative shape of our own butts. I've ridden a Corbin seat from daylight to dark with few stops on more than one occasion. It never felt uncomfortable.
Absolutely right.. If I were riding 20 miles or so, I would absolutely stay with the stock seat.. Anything over 40 miles though.. :neutral: ..No.. Just... :-( ..No..

I bought a Mustang wide touring seat for my Aero and I can ride all day on that thing and still want to remain seated when I stop.. Corbin use similar materials, so I would have no doubt that they would be on par with Mustang.

They are harder for shorter distances, but, like you say.. after 20 or thirty miles.. You don't even realize you are sitting down.. :D

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
My reupholstered stock seat is the same, I can go to Sturgis or Miami and back without discomfort...

Oh yeah, don`t get me wrong, the hot tub feels good after a 9 hours of sitting :D

Y`all just grin and bear it, it`s raining outside and you`re stuck with me today :D
BUT tomorrow is the Great American Motorcycle Show in Atlanta, and y`all ain` t gonna see me at all online ;)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Good Work, Furball!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Its not perfect, but itll give you the idea without the expense.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Corbin's prices have pretty much followed everything else. If I remember correctly the seat was $265 in 2001 or 2002. I can't remember. I believe they've doubled or nearly doubled in price.

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
Corbin's prices have pretty much followed everything else. If I remember correctly the seat was $265 in 2001 or 2002. I can't remember. I believe they've doubled or nearly doubled in price.

Hasn`t everything???
I`m glad to afford gasoline now @ $1.89 though :D

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I think its the wrong shade.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Awwwww beat me to it! :lol:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
First purchase I made for my bike - a Corbin DT with one backrest. To this day, I maintain it was the best $800 I have spent on the bike. Expensive, yes! But still well worth it.

The product is GREAT! Their website at the time was utter garbage. I picked my colors and submitted my order. When I got my order confirmation, each step was incorrect. I called and spoke to the person who had taken my order from the website and we did a little troubleshooting. We discovered every one of their dropdown menus on the website matched a different line item on the backend. So, while I had ordered "cobra grey leather with asphalt leather sides & blue piping" she received "grey vinyl with black leather sides & purple piping." We got it straightened out and eventually I got my seat, almost exactly as I wanted it.

My feedback after the order was exactly that, "your website almost botched my entire order and there is absolutely no order tracking. Fix that & your ordering process will match your product."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts