Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I am a newbie to not only the Shadow but also to the sport of motorcycling as well. I am looking on help/info on the purchase of a seat.

I was going to purchase the Mustang 2-Piece seat with backrest but when I looked at the Corbin seat it looked to have more room for my wife as a passenger.
1. Does anyone have the Corbin seat and what do you think?
2. How does the Corbin compare to the Mustang?
3. Was the installation difficult for the Corbin?

Any and all feedback is welcomed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Your gonna have to sit on both to judge but IMO.....I had the
Corbin on my AERO and I loved it, but never had any passengers to try out the pillion....Now on my VTX I put the Mustang and I dislike it but every passenger has loved it....Go figure....I would highly recommend trying them both out if you can...But I prefer the Corbin and will probably be getting one for my X this spring, only reason I didnt get it to start with is that it was 2 times the price of the Mustang so I opted for it! Another lesson learned the hard way!
Good luck with your decision...
Robert

·
Registered
448 Posts
EastTNShadow said:
First, I am a newbie to not only the Shadow but also to the sport of motorcycling as well. I am looking on help/info on the purchase of a seat.

I was going to purchase the Mustang 2-Piece seat with backrest but when I looked at the Corbin seat it looked to have more room for my wife as a passenger.
1. Does anyone have the Corbin seat and what do you think?
2. How does the Corbin compare to the Mustang?
3. Was the installation difficult for the Corbin?

Any and all feedback is welcomed.
Can't give you a comparison but I can tell you I've been very happy with the Mustang on my 750 Aero. The pillion seat is pretty big and my wife really likes it. On the stocker my butt would get numb in 20 miles. I rode about 80 miles today with no problems at all. I love this Mustang seat!

That's not to say the Corbin isn't as good or better. I've never even sat on one.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I have the Corbin Gun-Fighter w/Lady and I love the way it looks, but
it's one of the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat on.

It's ok for about 30 minutes to an hour, but any longer than that,
you are ready to get off.

It's a very hard saddle with little cushioning.

I don't have very nice things to say about the wear factor either.
I've got 22,000 miles on this saddle and the leather is worn through
to the padding below.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just speaking as a guy who has a corbin DT on his vt1100c2, I love it.
Don't know about a mustang, although looking at the two of them on bikes, I prefer the corbin looks.
Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Corbin and love it so does the wife.... here is a pic.... great seat but I cant compare it to a Mustang since I havent ridden one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the corbin seat on my 1998 1100 Shadow and love it. I also had a corbin seat on a 1985 Magna and really liked it to.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I have the Corbin DT and it's got over 30,000 miles on it and still looks just like new, now when the wife rides with me I have to take out the driver's back rest to give her a little more room, she has just a little over size in the rear (don't ever repeat that) :oops: I will deny I ever said that, I like the Corbin, I also got a Sheepskin Butt Pad for me to keep my butt cool in the hot weather and warm in the cold weather, and I do 2000 mile trips at least once a year, so never have ridden a Mustang can't do a comparison, I had mine personally fitted at the Corbin factory and it fits me like a glove.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either seat. I have no experience with the Corbin seats but have admired them for years. I do have the Mustang wide vintage touring seat on my Aero. I put it on after about 80 miles on the factory seat. Me arse would go numb after a short jaunt. Now I can ride literally all day with no discomfort. Flip a coin and enjoy your new throne! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the mustang on my Aero 750. I loved it. It was the best thing I ever did for the bike. The longest ride I took on it was about 800 miles in one day. After an hour on the stock seat my back was killing me. All day on the mustang and I could still keep going. If you decide on the mustang talk to me before you buy one. I still have mine in the box in the garage, I would let it go for a lot less than you can get a new one. It is in mint condition and was only used about 6 months. I stepped up to a VTX and got a new mustang for it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I also have the Corbin duel seat. My 17 yr old granddaughter is so comfortable back there that after 8 hours she was complaining that she was having a hard time staying awake. So I assume it's comfortable. I know the front half is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
have the mustang solo with backrest and wide passenger pillion. my passengers love it, apparently quite comfy. I was on it myself to try and also found to be really comfy

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either seat.
^^^THIS!

I have the Corbin DT on my Spirit 750 and, like you, I tried for months to decide which was better. In the end, I ordered a custom colored Cobra Grey/Blue/Black Corbin and I love it.

And, yes, I know the saddlebag looks goofy in this picture. Ignore that! :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Here's a close-up of the Cobra Grey/Blue/Black color scheme.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,752 Posts
Ah, this is a 6 yr. old thread you are answering to folks.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
I think Corbins are more aesthetically pleasing. Mustangs for me have always been ASSthetically pleasing. I had one on the VT1100 and another on the V Star 1300 with the back rest.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Love the Mustang seat! Love it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts