Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever see those Cortech denim jackets with the built in flexible spine protection as well as other armour? They look and sound real nice for the price,($109), and they make armour pants to match too. Supposedly you're not supposed to be able to see any of this protection and I was wondering if anyone owns one and wouldn't mind telling me how they like it please?
Thanks much!
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~ 8)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got one this january and love it. i haven't riden in anything over 75dgrees (ohio is still is chilly) with the 4 front vents open and it was comfy. This is my first armor protection, and it doesn't affect me any. I will up grade some time. I did ride to work this morning, about 32 degrees, with out the lining and didn't have any problems. It was a short 11 mile ride, and I did layer with a t-shirt and a long sleeve. I wore a T-shirt only with the lining on a 40 day just to try it out, and dang it was comfy. lots of pocket space and ya can adjust the waste. I hope this helps ya out.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I received one for Christmas and love it. Six zippered vents. Long length in the back. When your arms are outstretched holding the hand grips, the sleaves still reach past your wrists.
Removable inside liner w/pockets. Super comfortable around the neck.
As stated, body armor where necessary. The denim model is called "Rider Blues" It is a Cortech DSX jacket.
The downside is that it won't provide the skidding protection when you are sliding along the asphalt. Excellant in cold weather and when the temperature goes up, take out the liner and open the vents.
I have seen them as inexpensive as $80.00 but $100.00 is a good buy.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I bought the Black one for summer riding, is is comfortable and vents good, I got mine for $89. plus S & H, only thing I don't like is, it won't fit in my saddle bags like the leather one will so have to bungie on the seat when not in use, otherwise a good buy I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.