Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you've seen the capt America movie remember the villian car, and the motorcycle? They had round headlights but were coved and had a rectangle slit for light to shin through.

I can't fine references to them.

Here's a pic...

apparently they helped from being spotted by planes...wonder how much light output they cut...hmm

I would have mine open more than that one though...basically the center is open...just the top and bottom are covered...gimme a sec I'll give you a better idea how mine would look

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Anti bomb....... Those are blackout slits. Makes it harder for planes and enemies to see you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

those war ones were pretty closed...can see how high beams would suffer...though my openings will be larger...here's my idea...I'll post up pics/experience after a test run ;)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Back in the late 60's chrome headlight 1/2 covers were the in thing on the round headlights on all the cool cars. They covered the top half of the headlights. Had them on my 67 Chevelle SS. Still see them on ebay but they are for 7 1/2" and 5 3/4" round headlights.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
my dad was in WWII and said the frequently had to relocate at night using the blackout lights. said there were lots of accidents cause you couldn't see where you were going

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input!

I was hoping to also convert to HID...but the more I read (and the more input I get) I'mm feeling these just won't do what I was thinking.

Essentially just shooting a square beam on the road in front of me...but from some folks with PERSONAL exp. I'll just forget this. From my car tuners days I HATE visual only mods, so if this hurts my vision at night I say who cares how "cool" it looks.

Thanks again everyone! I'll just focus on HID conversion for HIGH BEAM and leave it at that ;)

y'all are great :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.