Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking a nice leisurely ride in the country yesterday afternoon and came up on a pickup towing a horse trailer. Kept trying to pass him but there was either oncoming traffic or a double yellow line.
The next thing I know I'm getting bombarded with horse poop as its rolling off the trailer and directly at me. Splattered on my windshield and on my new sneakers that I just bought a few hours earlier. I see more ammo ready to be fired from said vehicle so I made an illegal pass over double yellow line whilst letting driver know hes # 1 :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I had to be peppered with crap, I think Horse crap is the least offensive. Beleive me, I know my sh*t! Lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hahaha, sorry to hear that, but glad you got around him and had it shielded. Did your sneakers come clean?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ok I am sitting here drinking my morning coffee, and was lucky I swallowed before reading this. Otherwise it would have been all over my keyboard. :lol:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Now that's FUNNY right there!
Also beware when riding behind cattle trailers...the spray ain't the driver washing his windshield!
Dan

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Here we are compelled to agree with fatelvis. Of the various types of "do-do" one can be showered with, horse is one of the less egregious. Not really trying for a feces debate here, as this is a motorcycle forum. But it is true. Some will say "do-do" is "do-do," but for the more discerning you know what we mean.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Back a month or so ago, I was a-wailing and a-whining how my new Memphis Shades windshield caused serious buffeting no matter how I mounted it. I decided to sell it off and stay windshield-less.

Reading the recent threads about windshields, I decided to give it another try, this time throwing out the rules and doing it my way. It worked!
I still get a small amount of helmet buffeting...negligible...but it's worth the pressure taken off my chest and arms from fighting 65+ mph winds.

When I got on the highway to test it I didn't look at the speedometer right away because it didn't feel like I was up to speed...not as much pressure. I glanced at the speedometer to see how much faster I had to go and found I was already at 70mph and accelerating...Right past a State Trooper...in a 55 MPH zone. Luckily he wasn't looking up or just decided to ignore me. No red flashing lights in the mirror. :oops:

I figure that protection from flying horse crap is just icing on the cake, now. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Back a month or so ago, I was a-wailing and a-whining how my new Memphis Shades windshield caused serious buffeting no matter how I mounted it. I decided to sell it off and stay windshield-less.

Reading the recent threads about windshields, I decided to give it another try, this time throwing out the rules and doing it my way. It worked!
I still get a small amount of helmet buffeting...negligible...but it's worth the pressure taken off my chest and arms from fighting 65+ mph winds.

When I got on the highway to test it I didn't look at the speedometer right away because it didn't feel like I was up to speed...not as much pressure. I glanced at the speedometer to see how much faster I had to go and found I was already at 70mph and accelerating...Right past a State Trooper...in a 55 MPH zone. Luckily he wasn't looking up or just decided to ignore me. No red flashing lights in the mirror. :oops:

I figure that protection from flying horse crap is just icing on the cake, now. :D
What shield did you get, or did you make your own?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can tell you that cicadas at 80mph are like bullets, but I still took my windshield off. My 700c is so light, it was like a parachute when I passed trucks on the interstate. I liked the protection, but not the wind effects. Been thinking about a fly screen, but haven't done anything yet. Horse poop on the other hand would make me think seriously about putting the full screen back on!!! Sorry your ride got screwed dude! Guess the horse wasn't eating good mood food!! LOL

·
Registered
296 Posts
Whatsamatta, you no like road apples? At least you can dodge those, be very glad it wasn't cows, no dodging that shhtuff. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I dunno TN, that "good mood food" from Arby's puts my stomach in a bad mood. Mabye it's the same for horses.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was taking a nice leisurely ride in the country yesterday afternoon and came up on a pickup towing a horse trailer. Kept trying to pass him but there was either oncoming traffic or a double yellow line.
The next thing I know I'm getting bombarded with horse poop as its rolling off the trailer and directly at me. Splattered on my windshield and on my new sneakers that I just bought a few hours earlier. I see more ammo ready to be fired from said vehicle so I made an illegal pass over double yellow line whilst letting driver know hes # 1 :)
Its pretty crappy getting horseshet dumped on the road but I can't help but wonder why you felt it warranted to give the driver the middle finger?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
What shield did you get, or did you make your own?
Memphis Shades Classic Deuce. Ruby Red.

It's not a big windshield, but I'm hoping it will catch it's share of horse crap. :p

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Two things to back off of when riding are animal trailers and dump trucks hauling sand, if I come up on them I just throttle down stay well behind untill I can see safety to "sh*t and git around (no pun intended)........
I also ask? Why give the driver a finger? He didn't shoot the poop.....:shock::p:D

·
Registered
515 Posts
I can tell you that cicadas at 80mph are like bullets, but I still took my windshield off.
Ya, a Mormon cricket will put a hurt on you too. They come in waves and they love to migrate across roads. Sometimes they are so thick the road gets so black with squished bodies you can't see the asphalt. They are considered a traffic hazard because the road can get so slick with their guts.

From what I've seen in real life, this is a small Mormon cricket. I have seen them up to three inches long. Hope you're wearing your gear because even though they are flightless, they jump about 3 feet in the air when they feel threatened, which is right before your bike gets there:shock: Even at that, I have had them hit me in the windshield and even in the helmet. It's like taking a ball-pein hammer to the forehead.

Oh, did I mention they're migratory?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
When I read the titlte of the thread, I figured maybe it was a bird.

But, a horse! :shock:

That stinks!

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Horse crap is the least offensive
Agreed; not that I want to be crapped on by a horse, but it is one of the least offensive poops out there......

In fact, if you've ever been to Mackinac Island, Michigan, you'd come to appreciate the smell of horse $hit and chocolate fudge. They don't allow any type of motor vehicles on the island, so there are a lot of horses, and a lot of chocolate fudge. The two smells of horse poop and chocolate fudge seem to meld into one wonderful smell.

Phil

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I don't understand the reason for flipping off the driver. When you haul horses more often than not you have to go slower and wider to protect your stock. Motorcyclists are manueverable enough to get around quickly on either side. Flip me off when passing me, better hope we don't meet back up down the road. That's just another reason many riders are looked down upon as a$$es.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts