Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was traveling at about 55-60mph when a lady in a Prius drives across 4 lanes of highway, moving right in front of me. Before I got hit, I had scanned the intersection and she was stopped on the complete otherside of the highway. I was scanning ahead at a turn coming up, when she drove right in front of me.

I had maybe 1/4 second to react. I threw on the brakes as hard as I could without locking them, and moved to the left as much as I could. I clipped her rear bumper and went down. About 50 feet later, I came to a stop. Some other drivers pulled over and helped me move the bike. The police were called, as were an ambulance. Talked to the officer, filed the report, and went to the hospital. A few hours later, they told me my right radius was broken at the wrist. I also have bad road rash all along my right arm and completely around my waist.

I was wearing a FF, jeans, long johns, leather boots, and a leather jacket. Without a helmet, I have no doubt I would be dead right now.

Not asking for critique about what the driver or I should have been doing, just informing you to possibly prevent a similar accident.

Bike is salvageable. Bent pipes, bent handlebars, smashed gas tank, ground-down hand grips, broken off and shattered mirrors, ground forward controls, busted rear turn signal, and a bent license plate bracket. With insurance money, should be repairable to original condition.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Glad you'll be ok. What the hell is it with @$$holes in Priuses. I don't know how many times I've seen them driving their butt-ugly little cages like @$$es. It's a rarity to see one use a turn signal.:roll:

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Sorry to hear that, man. Just glad you're okay.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Glad you're ok. That sucks.

Glad you'll be ok. What the hell is it with @$$holes in Priuses. I don't know how many times I've seen them driving their butt-ugly little cages like @$$es. It's a rarity to see one use a turn signal.:roll:
Don't want to use up there electricity.:wink:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
glad your alright bud

·
Registered
296 Posts
Glad to hear you will heal, and the bike can be fixed. Take your time healing, make sure you are good to go.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
314 Posts
Glad you came out OK! So, what's the deal with the driver? She got caught, right? She get ticketed and taken off to jail? Betcha if it was an 17 y/o boy in a junker, it would be a differrent story.

Heal well and ride again!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
What a bummer! Glad that you weren't seriously injured by the incompetence of that idiot woman.

Remember, they are always out there trying their damnedest to kill us.

Ride Safe!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.