Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I pull up behind a guy on a cruiser at a stop light. I look a little closer and see something on his lap.

The guy had a beagle dog laying on his lap!

To top it off, the dog had a set of goggles on. I couldn't beleive it. I followed him for a few blocks... the dog was perfectly still... but it was a real dog- I saw it moving it's head and tail. Wanted to get a pic of it but couldn't manage a cell cam in city traffic.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
They are called Doggles. Have a pair for my Yorkie.
I don’t take him on bikes, but he does ride on the ATVs and just loves it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
On television, a couple of days ago, I saw video of a guy on a sport bike. He was laid completely back on the seat and was texting. I hope to God it was a set up but it sure looked like home video on the freeway. Dogs on bikes look great. I do worry about their safety.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
People have been riding with dogs, cats, birds and snakes since Bikes were invented. As mentioned they even Make and Sell riding gear for pets.
Have a friend who's dog rides, standing on the tank with paws on the trees, of his Harley. Guy even glued carpet to the top of the tank, on the trees and bars, to give traction amd a place to sit.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People have been riding with dogs, cats, birds and snakes since Bikes were invented. As mentioned they even Make and Sell riding gear for pets.
Have a friend who's dog rides, standing on the tank with paws on the trees, of his Harley. Guy even glued carpet to the top of the tank, on the trees and bars, to give traction amd a place to sit.
Wow.. that boggles my mind, I thought that my sighting last night was an anomaly

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Wow.. that boggles my mind, I thought that my sighting last night was an anomaly
Then theres my dad. He used to pull his Hobie sail boat with his Gold Wing. I don't mean around the yard I mean to the Lake, closest 30 miles.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha wow.... Now did he launch and load the boat with the goldwing?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
And boots, don't forget the boots.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
people who ride in home made side cars!!! Braver than me. Butt is less than 6 to 7 inches of the road, traveling at 70+ mph with someone else in control of the vehicle!!!! Crazy!!!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Haha wow.... Now did he launch and load the boat with the goldwing?
Yep, he'd loop it right at the water line, then back down and shove the boat off the trailer. The boat was very light, you didn't need to fully submerge the trailer for launch or load.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
This:

At least she's got her noggin protected...
If youse guys is looking at her feet and her braincase,, you're looking at the wrong thing.!!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Safety First!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Other kinds of beagle:

A number of Royal Navy ships: see HMS Beagle (disambiguation)
Beagle 2, a British Mars lander that crashed in 2003
Beagle Aircraft, a former British aircraft manufacturer
Beagle (software), a computer desktop search service
Peter S. Beagle, an American fantasy writer
Beagle (beer), the brand name used by Cervecería Fueguina, a brewery in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Beagle Board, a low-power, low-cost Single-board computer produced by Texas Instruments
The NATO reporting name of the Soviet Ilyushin Il-28 bomber aircraft
656 Beagle, a minor planet
Beagle: In het kielzog van Darwin (Beagle: In Darwin's wake), Dutch popular science television series

Haha, I do get your point though ;)

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
This:

Yeah. We went camping with a bunch once; they got loaded (beer) and thought it would be funny to go riding naked through the next town at 2 in the morning. Next thing you know, we (a group of 150 or so Harley riders--some retired 1%ers)--were surrounded by State cops and Sheriff's deputies.:!: Whoa. Some of us were armed, because we had ridden across country. Was only funny afterward. Took a lot of polite talking and much diplomacy, but the cops decided the wisest course was just to quietly issue a warning. Not only former outlaws in the group, but also lawyers and doctors. Kind of interesting. That was the dumbest thing I've ever been around beside the squids who treat the interstate like it's their private playground.

·
Registered
673 Posts
This:

I see nothing wrong nor crazy here! In fact, I would like to see more riders like her!

Craziest thing I have seen was a guy riding a Honda Cub carrying two sheets of plywood strapped to his back. Not sure if he ever made it, but I am pretty sure with a tail wind he would have gotten -12 mpg.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts