Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Do it the same way the dealer does.

Use the parts fiche. You can find it at Ron Ayers or Power Sports.
Look up the number for your bike and then look up the same part for the other bike, if part numbers are the same it will work. BTW-There are some parts that will have a different number but still will work.

Rick

· Registered
1,490 Posts
That does work if you know the bike you want to compare yours to - but what I'd like is access to a true cross-reference system. For example, I never would have guessed I shared a taillight with the 450 Rebel.

· Registered
336 Posts
lang

I use servicehonda.com all the time for this. I have a '87 VT700 and am always looking for spares on E-Bay, so I'll search different years/models as well as mine.

I also buy new parts from Service Honda, best prices I've found online.

EDIT
Service Honda recently changer their URL for the remote desktop

You need to use the remote desktop parts catalogue
NEW URL
http://www.servicehonda.com/TSWeb/default.htm

This is the same parts catalogue I've seen used at a local Honda dealer. It takes a little getting used to, but there is a "Where Used" button on the top toolbar.

When I get a chance, I'll take some screen shots and make a quick "How To".

Gumpy

· Registered
1,490 Posts
holy crap Gumpy, that is the coolest thing I have ever seen!! You are awesome - and not just for this - some of your other posts, like about removing the carbs, are great. You're a real asset here.

Thanks!

· Registered
932 Posts
lang said:
Gumpy, that is the coolest thing I have ever seen!! You are awesome - and not just for this - some of your other posts, like about removing the carbs, are great. You're a real asset here.

Thanks!
+1 Great reference

· Registered
75 Posts
This would be great to see again! I went to the link with the IP address you posted Gumpy, but nothing was found I'd love to get my hands on this! Can I download it from somewhere?

· Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
This sounds like a great source. I clicked on the link, and opened the browser. I guess I'm not intuitive enough to figure out how to use it. I've been using Ronayers.com, which lets me search by year / make / model. Does the ServiceHonda site have that feature?

Any / all help appreciated!

CB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.