Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered from cruiser customizing recently?
On Friday night I placed a $300 order for a bunch of chrome parts and haven't heard status of the order.. Last time I ordered I had a confrimation of shipment in 24 hours. Either their really busy or really slow..

Ron

·
Registered
170 Posts
radski said:
Has anyone ordered from cruiser customizing recently?
On Friday night I placed a $300 order for a bunch of chrome parts and haven't heard status of the order.. Last time I ordered I had a confrimation of shipment in 24 hours. Either their really busy or really slow..

Ron
I have ordered more stuff from this place then I care to remember. they are usually great with shipping, but I have ordred an item or two that fell out of stock.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got off the phone with them.. Took a while on hold, just what I thought, they are very busy. Order shipped today though!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I going to stop buying from them completely. Last order looked like an open box return that they resent out and it was missing the bolts that were needed and the Kuryakyn installation instructions. The customer service rep that I talk to said the never do that even though I was looking right at the torn up box. It was like he was calling me a liar.

Order prior to that I received damaged goods that had to be returned, which I must say they did take care of. Time for a new vendor!

Bruce

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:
I going to stop buying from them completely. Last order looked like an open box return that they resent out and it was missing the bolts that were needed and the Kuryakyn installation instructions. The customer service rep that I talk to said the never do that even though I was looking right at the torn up box. It was like he was calling me a liar.

Order prior to that I received damaged goods that had to be returned, which I must say they did take care of. Time for a new vendor!

Bruce
Or shipping carrier.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I've ordered from them several times, returned stuff too.

Never had a problem.

Shipping was always pretty quick.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I stopped using them a couple months ago after a very slow ship date, very slow and lame customer service on the phone and no customer service response via email. The support people I talked with (twice) didn't seem to know what they were talking about or were making excuses. They have a really cool web store but their service didn't match the glitz of the store to me.

I use J & P Cycles for most of my stuff now that I can't get locally (I do like to support the local folks too).

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I have had mixed experiences with them too (very slow, no status updates etc. but I always got what I ordered and it was in good shape for a fair price).

I haven't ordered anything from them in at least a year, so I was hoping it was growing pains because they have a good concept for MC part buying.

·
Registered
622 Posts
AngryHatter said:
Dr Bob's Patient said:

Bruce
Or shipping carrier.
The opened box was part of a larger shipment and was packed inside of a larger box with several other parts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've also had somewhat slow shipping from them. Took about two weeks for a Memphis Shades windshield to arrive. That's dawdling in my book.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered two helmets plus some other items a few weeks back. Several days passed with no information such as shipped, backordered, etc, so I called. It took a very long time to get someone on the phone. Turns out one of the helmet sizes was backordered and not expected for 2+ weeks.

I understand items being out of stock, but not letting me know was unacceptable. I cancelled and placed the order with Dennis Kirk. They do a price match, and ship the same day. Every order with them has been flawless.

I'll use CruiserCustoming as a comparison, but as long as Dennis Kirk will price match, they have my business.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered from them 3 weeks ago, and it was very slow. I placed the order on a Thursday afternoon, it didn't ship until Monday, and it didn't arrive until Friday via UPS.

Then I ordered more stuff a week ago, and it was much faster. Placed the order Tuesday afternoon, it shipped the next day, and arrived on Saturday... USPS this time, though. Maybe it just depends on the carrier?

I think the e-mails they send when you order or your parts ship are much better than they have been in the past ie. tracking numbers, link to order status, etc.

BTW, now I have a run-brake-turn controller, red rear lenses, and a cat-eye LED tail light all waiting to be put on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Slow response is the main reason I stopped using them. In this environment if you don't have your fast customer contact and shipping ducks totally in a row you will not be very successful in the internet sales business.

This probably means lots of overhead with people, contact methods, lots of inventory in stock, etc. but if you're going to play the internet motorcycle accessory sales game you just gotta do that to compete I think.

Cruiser Customizing has a good concept but their delivery is sluggish at best. YMMV

·
Registered
590 Posts
Tangle Eye said:
Slow response is the main reason I stopped using them. In this environment if you don't have your fast customer contact and shipping ducks totally in a row you will not be very successful in the internet sales business.

This probably means lots of overhead with people, contact methods, lots of inventory in stock, etc. but if you're going to play the internet motorcycle accessory sales game you just gotta do that to compete I think.

Cruiser Customizing has a good concept but their delivery is sluggish at best. YMMV
If I remember right, CC does not STOCK many items that they list. A order is placed then they go to supplier to fill request. They have to bank on others to supply them for orders. Bottom line, will take LONGER, BACK ORDER to get your items. Granted, this not always the case but in some. :wink: BTW, I`ve had very good results with CC.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts