Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I'm really excited to finally have a motorcycle! I've had my 2009 spirit 750c2 for 1 week, and I already put 300 miles on her! I hope to one day be able to seed this forum as much as I know I'm going to be leaching from it! Looking forward to being a member of this site and to the sport.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome to the site. Me and Nuncles have met up a few times here in Lafayette. There's another guy that just contacted me the other day who's also in Lafayette. Where ya'at?

I'm in the works to go to baton rouge on Friday/Saturday to possibly work out the financing with my new bike.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Bought a unit just like this in the 70's for my first system along with a matching tuner. Mine now resides with my oldest son in Florida and still works as brand new. Mine is in much better shape than the one pictured.

It was made by the Lafayette stereo company does that count?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Acidbath I'm in the Haughton area up here by Shreveport on the weekends and LaTech in Ruston on the weekdays. How's the ride in Baton Rouge? My friend is moving down to Port Sulphor soon and I was thinking about taking the scenic route down to see him as my first real long trip.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol kingshead that definitely counts welcome to Louisiana friend!

Dernp: Thanks I'll be keeping an eye out for them. Do they remove pretty easy?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I dated a woman from st. Francisville last year, my Cajun queen...does that count? :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I honestly haven't really ridden too much in Baton Rouge to give you a good idea of how it is. Last weekend when me and Nuncles went there to look at that bike we went in my car because of the chance of rain. We noticed that BR seemed to have a lot more riders on the road that Lafayette. It probably has to do with their selection of bike places in town. Lafayette has shops, but not many.

As far as Baton Rouge for traffic, I can't stand that town. If you listen to 98.1, you'll notice their traffic reports are loaded with backups and accidents all over the place. That's part of the reason I can't stand it. The other reason is I can't stand to see so much Purple and Gold all over the place. I can't stand LSU with a passion, so seeing so many people wearing LSU gear just irks me and makes me want to punch some babies.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Iamcmf only cause you said Cajun queen
Acidbath I know what you mean about lsu even up here its everywhere (nowhere near as bad as there I'm sure). One of my friends moved back there and he loves it. I told him
I won't be visiting anytime soon ha.
Malaise my gf lives in Luling
VTBNT how were you educated in New England

·
Registered
358 Posts
So I went to Baton Rouge today at 1 to see about the paperwork to get my new bike. And I was quickly reminded as to why I hate Baton Rouge so much. The traffic is stupid jammed all over the place. I literally waited 3 red light cycles to turn from Airline to Old Hammond Hwy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yup. Picking it up at 9am tomorrow. Then booking it with my friend to Cabelas in Gonzales so he can look at some sunglasses, then back home. I'm going to leave a black strip all the way down the basin bridge. LOL

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yup. Picking it up at 9am tomorrow. Then booking it with my friend to Cabelas in Gonzales so he can look at some sunglasses, then back home. I'm going to leave a black strip all the way down the basin bridge. LOL
**** I'm out of the loop. Nothing good comes from working. Congrats! I'll shoot you a text or an e-mail in the AM. The GF is bugging to ride and I think that we better take advantage while the weather is available. Let's try to meet up so I can get your impressions of the ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
live in zachary which is just north of baton rouge....have some really good stretches of roads out here.....Baton rouge does suck traffic wise except at night....
LSU is the **** btw....just have a 95 vt1100 but ride the crap out of it except for now (broke a bolt putting 1.5 drop on her)...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts