Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ? How about it ? Anybody have suggestions ? I'm looking for back country lanes where I dont have to dodge the traffic coming out of the wineries !

·
Registered
44 Posts
LI roads

The Old Westbury, Brookville, Muttontown, Old Brookville
area has some nice quiet roads. I can't really recomend
any specific roads, those areas are full of rich folks and
those towns have their own Police forces, the kind of cops
who hate the very sight of me. :D So I only ride around there
on organized runs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you have the time, cross the Whitestone and head North. there are so many nice roads up here, you'll want to move upstate. Seriously, if you want a real nice ride in the spring, you should try Rte 22 North. I do it every year and it just gets better each time. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
The key to good roads on Long Island is getting up very early on Sunday morning. I like Route 25 and 25a, Ocean Parkway, Whiskey Road in Rocky Point, and William Floyd Parkway. I actually find Southern State Parkway quite enjoyable at 6AM on Sunday, particularly the stretch between Wantagh and Cross Island Parkways.

Of course, getting off Long Island is the best idea of all!

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Be careful on Whiskey Road. That memorial to the Sportbike rider is still very prominent after a few years of his passing.

Too many traffic lights on William Floyd Parkway once you're South of Longwood Road (by Brookhaven National Lab).....

BTW: I learned to drive a car on Whiskey Road. :wink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
2am on the Northern State is nice. Mostly empty.
I also like 25a east into Cuchogue and points east.

If you go through Port Jefferson make sure you stop at McNullties ice cream in Rocky Point(I think)
Monauk Hwy around Oakdale is pretty scenic
and be sure to cruise the residential areas in the Stony Brook/East Setaulket areas.
Join the group too

http://hondashadow.net/forum/groupcp.php?g=3709&sid=b2cd344daf039f8dee15b3d0095378bd

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[email protected]!!! 2AM on the Northern State?? Mostly empty??? Lets just kick it down to about 55 at the 135, ok? That trooper definitely dosent like the sound of loud pipes!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts