Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware, it looks like with the spring rush, they're a little behind schedule. It took them 8 days to ship my order, which means I'll actually get my package 15 days after ordering. That sucks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
brock29609 said:
Beware, it looks like with the spring rush, they're a little behind schedule. It took them 8 days to ship my order, which means I'll actually get my package 15 days after ordering. That sucks.
Spring rush? I had slow shipping last February! I'll give them some slack, but I wasn't impressed being a new customer to them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered a rear fender bib for my Valk from them a few weeks ago and it took about 8 days if I remember correctly. I've ordered other things that took 8 days or more. I suspect that they don't stock a lot of the items and have to get it from their supplier before they ship it to you. That was the case on the lightbar I ordered from them.... The first one I ordered was no longer available so I selected another one which they told me up front they would have to order. I was a little ticked because it took them over a week to tell me that the first lightbar was no longer available. They did give me a free T-shirt though :) Regardless, I still order from them because many times they have the best price, friendly customer service, and have never failed to deliver albeit sometimes delayed.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I ordered a back rest from them. Their web site said it was in stock. After 5 days, it still had not shipped. My wife sent them an email, and they replied saying that it WAS NOT in stock but would be shipped in another 5 days. It is now supposed to be here today some time.

I am not impressed with them so far...

·
Registered
270 Posts
You guys seem to be surprised about a place that takes an order , then calls the manu up to get in the order ( and theres some of the shipping wait time) , then after getting the order ships it to you (more shipping wait time).

You think they actually keep everything in stock? Lol.

·
Registered
943 Posts
my last order was 2 parts, one of theirs, and one kurakyn.\

the cc part came in 6 days, the kurakyn part took 2 weeks, but I am getting used to slow shipping from motorcycle stores.

the only ones that seem quick are e-bay stores

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Aero98 said:
Well, actually, yes. If it says "in stock" on the site, then I expect that it means they have them sitting right there, NOT that they have to get it from someone else first, THEN send it to you.

But that's just me...

·
Registered
234 Posts
sdbrit68 said:
my last order was 2 parts, one of theirs, and one kurakyn.\

the cc part came in 6 days, the kurakyn part took 2 weeks, but I am getting used to slow shipping from motorcycle stores.

the only ones that seem quick are e-bay stores
I have had nothing but good shipping times with newenoug.com

As for cruisercustomizing, I have never ordered from them but my local dealer ship price matched the engine guards for me which took off about 30 dollars plus they had them in stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a Mustang seat on order now for 12 days - when checking the status of the order it just simply says, "Order successfully recieved." Man, that makes me feel better :!: Come to find out that the seat was ordered from Mustang in Mass and would be shiped all the way cross country to CA before sending it to me. He!!, we even know about drop shipping direct down here in MS - and we just started wearing shoes last month! I don't get it. :roll:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wassup said:
Aero98 said:
Well, actually, yes. If it says "in stock" on the site, then I expect that it means they have them sitting right there, NOT that they have to get it from someone else first, THEN send it to you.

But that's just me...
well some of these guys take "in stock" to mean they are able to order it from their parts distributors . I'm not saying I like it either but thats what I am finding out from ordering from alot of online dealers .

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've ordered tons of stuff through cruisercustomizing. I love the website (for reviews) although their electronical shipping info is wrong and does not update correctly in most cases (at least for me - I've spend nearly a grand there in the past 6 months). I always call before I order anything I'm in a rush to get - then I either order over the phone or login and buy it. Their 'instock' on the website also seems inaccurate.

I've had much better luck with shipping times from meancycles. It often takes 2-4 days whereas CC takes 1-2 weeks. I think they're overwhelmed with the number of orders they get.

All-in-all, I've had great service from CC when I phone. I use them because they've been helpful and their prices are competitive.

I'm hopeful that CC will come through for me....I just ordered new pipes!!! Can't wait. Only CC had them in stock, and apparently I got the last pair. Everyone else I phoned had them on backorder.

Cheers, D-Mac

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have not read all the post`s on C.C. BUT, I posted back in 03 or 04 that they do NOT STOCK most items they list. So , in order to get a "BETTER" price you must wait a few more days for C.C. to aquire from a suppiler. DUH, DUH. What part of this don`t you guys understand ? I now will be covering my body to rec. the fall-out. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Spirited said:
I have not read all the post`s on C.C. BUT, I posted back in 03 or 04 that they do NOT STOCK most items they list. So , in order to get a "BETTER" price you must wait a few more days for C.C. to aquire from a suppiler. DUH, DUH. What part of this don`t you guys understand ? I now will be covering my body to rec. the fall-out. :twisted:
I think this is very true, where they fall down is not setting expectations accurately. If it takes 5 days for them to place an order at a supplier and another 3-4 days for the supplier to ship (why this would happen I have no idea with B to B processing) it should be clearly stated and not be a surprise to the customer.

The other thing they do poorly is update the order status. Just keep the order updated - don't set it to "Processing" for a week (or whatever they use) and let it sit like that.....show progression of the order -- otherwise as users you have to wonder if the order was stuck, looping, bits and bytes got mixed up or stuck together incorrectly.... whatever.

So really there only problem is poor overall communication via the internet.

JC Whitney and Harbor Freight - two others that don't do a good job in communicating or allowing the user to follow the progression of the order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My order took about 14 days to arrive, they had to order my highway bars since they were not stocked, could have been quicker if they were drop shipped directly.

One thing I would like to see on there website is in stock status that way I can look somewhere else that might have it in stock at the same price.

Either way I liked the service, easy to use website, and a lot of parts to choose from even if they are not in stock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am here in Australia and really can't speak highly enough of cruiser customizing. I am a "member" there ("jeffatav" in australia) and I also enjoy reading reviews etc of future parts and seeing what others do to their bikes.

I get heaps of stuff from them, much cheaper than what I can buy the same item here (including the overseas shipping costs).

They are always good with communication and tell me when things are going to take some time.

Most of the stuff you buy from them is not life threatening after all, is it????? Geez some of you guys are impatient!!!

Their shipping tracking is hopeless though, and I just don't bother with it any more!

If I have something on order from them (or ebay for that matter) it always exciting when you come home from work to see if there is a package arrival (and also dissappointing when none!)This only adds to the excitement!

Just my 2c

Jeff

·
Registered
500 Posts
It comes down to communication to the customer. If you are in the customer service business you sure as heck better have good customer service or you won't have customers for very long.. I am in a field where customer service is key to our success and it can be very draining because you have to go to the end of the world to make sure your customers are happy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.