Honda Shadow Forums banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
In the olden days we called the camp stove fuel White Gas, and gas stations sold it in bulk. I never thought about what it was but it looks like it is Naptha and maybe that is why it stays fresh for so long.
Interestingly Seafoam has naptha also. Another piece to the fuel additive puzzles.

I recently purchased white gas at the local WalMart and it's different in some way from Coleman fuel in that I can burn white gas indoors without the strong odor that combusted Coleman fuel produces.

Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
I recently purchased white gas at the local WalMart and it's different in some way from Coleman fuel in that I can burn white gas indoors without the strong odor that combusted Coleman fuel produces.
Hopefully your indoors are well-ventilated when burning that white gas, yes? 馃ゴ馃槾馃樀

Registered
The European (and many countries) Octane rating system as listed on the pumps is the RON and is 4-5 points higher than in Canada or US. Here the pump number is RON+MON/2 and 87 here is equivalent to a 91 or 92 in Europe. However many pumps in Europe the "regular" is a 95 RON so closer to our 89.
The European (and many countries) Octane rating system as listed on the pumps is the RON and is 4-5 points higher than in Canada or US. Here the pump number is RON+MON/2 and 87 here is equivalent to a 91 or 92 in Europe. However many pumps in Europe the "regular" is a 95 RON so closer to our 89.
indeed but I still had to put wider jets on my carbs to run on the lolly water over here that is called petrol. 馃槈

61 - 63 of 63 Posts