Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so if someone knows where I can get a bib that will fit my 93 vt1100, please let me know now. :)

Anyway, I see that the 750 Aero's have quite a selection and a few others, but no vt1100's. I decided it can't be THAT hard to make one, right? :mrgreen:

So, I made a template using a chamois. Took 5 min to quick cut it up. Now, just got to find some leather and someone who knows there way around sewing and such...

Has anyone else done this before? I really like the look of a solo seat, but with the pinstriping only going halfway up the fender, electrical wire and seat bracket, a bib is needed.

OR there is this one:
http://www.jpcycles.com/1993-honda-shadow-vt1100c/mustang/fender-trim-and-accents/exact-fit

Attachments

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Search for a fender bib, Dunesgirl did a really good looking one that she did one heckuva job on one earlier this year. She gave a very detailed description to us all. Check it out.
Coop

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Edited, never mind... you want fender bib, I "read" tank bib... sigh ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn, never saw that thread when I searched!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
siryan, your thread is actually where I got my idea from. So you just had to trim it length wise? Your spirit has the same dimensions as my vt 1100, right?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, its a 93, so I don't know if they actually called them spirits then... but I think they are the same? Don't they make a bib for our bikes?...thought I saw one somewhere.

Now, on Dennis Kirk, they show a few seats that fit both my bike and some of the newer ACE's and Sabres... And they have bibs for those bikes...think they'll fit mine?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I made mine. Cut it out of an old car bra I got free. I lined it with felt to keep it from chafing the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts