Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a photo bucket account and you guys have given us some really great feedback on the bikes I have posted. I thought I would go ahead and put the whole stable on for you to view.

Please give us feedback!

Thanks!

VTX 1300

Spirit 1100

Shadow 600

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think they all look pretty good, especially the flat black vlx you posted first. You seem to genuinely want feedback so I'll mention some of the general changes I'd make (some if not most have been mentioned by other people). I'll also add that I appreciate your effort and I advocate anything that helps further the cause of customized metrics.

-definitely lose the stock mirrors - especially on the vtx and vlx with apes - for the bikes with apes, if I were you, I'd use a clamp on mirror and hang it down instead of up

-lose the warning stickers on the tanks, please

-lose or replace the stock turn signals. They especially stick out on the two vlx's that don't have rear signals.

-consider removing any reflectors you can

I personally think these are all details that would greatly enhance the looks of the bikes with very little cost and effort.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Let me add to lang's suggestions by saying that there are kits available to hide the cables and wires. Nothing looks better than a set of apes without all the wires everywhere.

2 cents.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We try to put these on the floor, "almost there". We like to leave a bit for the person who buys to change.

It's hard to make these perfect for all, so we leave some for the new owner to do.

If they were mine personally I would do much more to get them just right.

Thanks for the feedback, it's all very helpful!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
These are all cool looking bikes ... but may I ask a question? Your pictures have a website on them -- kustomwerks.com -- a motorcycle company based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Are you seeking input to shape how you customize the bikes for sale? Or are you seeking to do a little covert advertising on this forum?

Just a heads up -- the latter is definitely a violation of the forum rules. The former may be, but I'm not certain of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No im not trying to covertly advertise for "said" company.

I have removed the pics of the red 1300.

We bulit the bikes, they used one of ours for their catalog. They were really good pitures and wanted to use them to get some fedback of the bike. We are not trying to sell anything here or advertise. This is the best place for some good feedback.

I will post some unmarked pics of that 1300 when I take some more.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
TucsonDon said:
Are you seeking input to shape how you customize the bikes for sale? Or are you seeking to do a little covert advertising on this forum?
I've seen a couple of these bikes up on ebay - I'd think that if he was looking for advertising, he'd mention the links or that they were on ebay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have not put a link or made mention to any type of sales. This forum is the best place I can get feedback on our bikes. I don't want to try to sell anything. The only way to know what the public wants is to ask them.

It would be a shame if I was booted for trying to get your well taken opinions on the bikes we all love to ride.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
jagerbomb said:
Have not put a link or made mention to any type of sales.
That's my point - I hope you didn't take my comment some other way.

I'm all for Honda sales folk asking riders what they want - in fact, I'm sure I've bitched about the opposite happening.

And, as far as shadows go, I don't think you'd get a better cross-section of riders than right here - it makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
JB, I am glad to see the heavy modification of metrics going more mainstream so I appreciate your seeking input.

Just my "thoughts".

The pics you have up show rides with either apes or bomber bars. So many people confuse those items with a "custom bike" just like people confuse a raked front end as synonimous with a "chopper". I personally dig more subtle bars and forward foot postions, but I also like Lone Star beer so my taste is my own. :wink:

I do really like the showing air filter on the 600. To my knowledge many have tried to put a charger on their shadows, but the position of the airbox under the seat has proven problematic and basically impossible to functionally get more air in. I am curious how you are getting that to work. It sure looks sweet though.

Good work and I hope you get the insight you are looking for.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Something about that Spirit 11 looks vaguely familiar......nice scoot, that is exactly where mine is headed.
Less and less shiney stuff.
Got any more pics?

·
Registered
943 Posts
jagerbomb said:
Have not put a link or made mention to any type of sales. This forum is the best place I can get feedback on our bikes. I don't want to try to sell anything. The only way to know what the public wants is to ask them.

It would be a shame if I was booted for trying to get your well taken opinions on the bikes we all love to ride.
I dig that spirit 1100, if it sounds mean I would definetly ride it....it made me look at mine 2 or 3 times to see the differences, very cool

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Good looking work on all the bikes. Those 600's are the easier to make "mod/customized". Nature of the chain-driven bikes. Not sure IF a "new" 1st time buyer would consider the "apes", I think they would go more for the "flat bar" look/feel. Not as intimidating. :roll:

On the 1100, I'd change the seat to something like the one on the 600 with the "thinner rear section". Would help to make more "flowing lines". I also think the "[email protected]@k" could improve IF a 2 into 1 exhaust system were mounted. Something like my Rifle 2-1 AND the side cover to do away with the "stock" Honda sidecover. Would make an improvement for the "racier look"..........I think. :wink:

Overall, good job and I hope our "input" is helpful.

Bullzeyet

PS: you need a rear taillight/plate holder...somewhere on the 1100.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
calicruiser said:
what? no SS750's???? :)
Not to make your head swell or anything, but I lurk on TSW (I ain't got no SS!) and post on shadowriders.net, and your SS is the coolest I've seen. It's a really sharp ride. Surfernick's springer SS probably comes in second.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lang said:
calicruiser said:
what? no SS750's???? :)
Not to make your head swell or anything, but I lurk on TSW (I ain't got no SS!) and post on shadowriders.net, and your SS is the coolest I've seen. It's a really sharp ride. Surfernick's springer SS probably comes in second.
LOL! nah, man, I know there are PLENTY of bikes out there that are MUCh nicer than my little Honda;) I also love Nick's springer and have been thinkin of a nice 2" under black springer on mine would look nice!! Just too much money! thanks again dude, appreciate the comps. later
josh

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
calicruiser said:
LOL! nah, man, I know there are PLENTY of bikes out there that are MUCh nicer than my little Honda;) I also love Nick's springer and have been thinkin of a nice 2" under black springer on mine would look nice!! Just too much money! thanks again dude, appreciate the comps. later
josh
Hey Josh, the new bars in your pic - is that just a mock up or did you move your switch housings and MC off the bars?

I hear ya, there's a lot of killer scoots on TSW - a lot with more work and more customization than yours - but for cool factor, I think you've got the majority beat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts