Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, like I said in my other intro thread, this is my Sheila. She's a 2006 Shadow Spirit 750. Right now she's almost entirely stock.

Performance-wise, I've put in a K&N air filter and drilled a few holes in the exhaust baffles...so probably made less than 1% difference there :) planning on hole sawing the baffles out entirely this weekend.

I also have a set of Kuryakyn ISO grips with a Throttle Boss, and a passenger sissy bar that came with the bike when I bought it secondhand, so I have no idea what brand it is.

I'd love to get a new set of bars. I'm not a fan of apes, but I wouldn't mind raising them a bit and getting something swept back some more, for a roadster look. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
I kept my stock bars but added some riser extensions. Made it more comfortable for me. Find a bike with bars that have the look you want, maybe ask the owner if they are stock or after market and go from there. Any 1" bars will work with some minor work.

·
Premium Member
6,862 Posts
What about the bars from the newer spirits. More pullback AND rise. And unless you're sure you can live with the incessant racket of open pipes, you may want to go a little at a time on the opening up. One half inch hole in the internal restrictor plates gave my bike a little rumble without the bawling of open pipes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you're sure you can live with the incessant racket of open pipes, you may want to go a little at a time on the opening up.
I'd already drilled 8 holes in each baffle, 3/16" apiece. I did the hole saw mod and I'm loving the sound I get from it now. I mostly ride around town, so there's not a lot of high-rev droning in my case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kept my stock bars but added some riser extensions... Find a bike with bars that have the look you want, maybe ask the owner if they are stock or after market and go from there.
That's a pretty badass look! I just met a guy with an '06 Spirit 1100, with the stock buckhorns. Now I'm torn between that look and this one.

Did you have to do replace your cables & lines, or were you able to make the stock ones fit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Y'all may have changed my mind on the buckhorns. BTW bd*, where did you get your radiator guard? I've been wanting to dress mine up some.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I also have the riser extensions on mine, I think there 1.5 inch. and I did not have to change the cables. Much more comfy. :)
Where did you get those extensions, and how much were they?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I put the handlebars from an '07 VT750C2 on mine. They're a little more swept back and I didn't need new cables, just re-routed them a little.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,521 Posts
Where did you get those extensions, and how much were they?
I got mine from a member here from Canada about 12 years ago. He made them in his home shop and sold them here to members. Unfortunately it was so long ago I don't remember his handle. BUT I have seen them on sale on E-Bay a few years ago and they are not expensive. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,521 Posts
Y'all may have changed my mind on the buckhorns. BTW bd*, where did you get your radiator guard? I've been wanting to dress mine up some.
My radiator cowl, is a Honda-line Part. It was one of the accessorizes. offered by Honda when the spirit first came out in 2001. It cost $200.00 new back then. They came in Black or White. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore but you may find one on E-Bay. Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I got mine from a member here from Canada about 12 years ago. He made them in his home shop and sold them here to members. Unfortunately it was so long ago I don't remember his handle. BUT I have seen them on sale on E-Bay a few years ago and they are not expensive. ;)
I don't know what you call "not expensive", but all the ones I've seen are about $50 or more, and that IS "expensive" to me! Plus, I can get whole new set of 7" chrome risers on eBay for about $35-40 anyway. Those you have, though, match the finish on the stock risers PERFECTLY, so they look like one piece. Thanks, anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
ABQ-Jammer
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing