Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience doing business with Cycle Center of Denton?

I called and spoke with someone in Service about ordering the Honda OEM spark plug tool that came factory with my Shadow. After giving him all my info and the part number I was told they would need to call the dealership and have it ordered and that they would call me back. That was a week ago, no call.

I called back about a day later and asked about having a Honda OEM key made. Gave him the key type, key code, etc and was told the same thing; they need to call the dealer and they will call me back. A week later, no call.

I emailed a parts request form with all my info, part numbers, and asked them to get in touch with me. No response, no call, nothing.

So, at this point I'll probably never do business with them again. I really did need that spark plug tool and I ordered it from someone else after being ignored. I STILL need keys, but the Honda dealerships I have called all try to hand me off to Cycle Center because they can't make motorcycle keys. What gives?! Honda can't make keys for my Honda and the only place they recommend apparently doesn't want my business.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Does anyone have experience doing business with Cycle Center of Denton?

I called and spoke with someone in Service about ordering the Honda OEM spark plug tool that came factory with my Shadow. After giving him all my info and the part number I was told they would need to call the dealership and have it ordered and that they would call me back. That was a week ago, no call.

I called back about a day later and asked about having a Honda OEM key made. Gave him the key type, key code, etc and was told the same thing; they need to call the dealer and they will call me back. A week later, no call.

I emailed a parts request form with all my info, part numbers, and asked them to get in touch with me. No response, no call, nothing.

So, at this point I'll probably never do business with them again. I really did need that spark plug tool and I ordered it from someone else after being ignored. I STILL need keys, but the Honda dealerships I have called all try to hand me off to Cycle Center because they can't make motorcycle keys. What gives?! Honda can't make keys for my Honda and the only place they recommend apparently doesn't want my business.
The Honda dealership that I use didn't even need the key to make a copy. Just the code. They set their tool on the code and punched me out a new key in a matter of seconds.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Honda dealership that I use didn't even need the key to make a copy. Just the code. They set their tool on the code and punched me out a new key in a matter of seconds.
I've heard this more than once online but been told twice by dealers over the phone that they only have car keys. Kind of frustrating; maybe I am just not calling the right dealer? I have limited transportation currently so I've only tried whats closest to me.

I am going to try a few more places tomorrow. I really want more than 1 key for my bike and I have all the info to get it cut.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have had similar dealings with Cycle Center of Denton on getting work done and some parts. They could not install a new chain for me, as they didn't have the tools. WHAT....!!

So, I offered my own for them to use. They just were not interested, so I more than likely give them a pass when it comes to a new bike or 4 wheeler.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll take my key in person the next time I am around Grapevine. I think that's fairly close to me. Cleaning/jetting carbs and adjusting valves this week whenever the parts arrive and then I'll be mobile again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a little surprised at your experience with Cycle Center of Denton. I've bought two bikes from CCD (a used Shadow and a new Kawasaki Vulcan) and some accessories. For the most part, I've been very pleased with both the parts center and the service center.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I bought my 09 Spirit from Cycle Center in Denton. It took them a month to reply to an email from me about what service they had done to the bike before I bought it. I'm too far away from them for service. Maxim Honda in Allen made two spare keys for me from my key for $6.00. Think I'll stick with Maxim.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just so this has a little resolve. I ended up driving to Grapevine two days ago now that my bike can make it. Went to Honda of Grapevine right off 114/121 and they made me two keys and test fitted them in 5 minutes. Nice folks, didn't try to sell me anything or badger me when I was walking around. It's nice having more than 1 key to my motorcycle as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.