Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,684 Posts
Should put a sign up next to it..

"Please Feel-Free to Smack All Baby Bears Across the Snout"..

Wouldn't take long to thin the herd, so-to-speak... :)

...Then, Maybe, those Brave Boys and Girls at the Forest Service will have time to busy themselves with other, more important tasks.. Like arresting Trout.. shaking down the odd Moose.. That kind of thing. ;)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts

...Then, Maybe, those Brave Boys and Girls at the Forest Service will have time to busy themselves with other, more important tasks.. Like arresting Trout.. shaking down the odd Moose.. That kind of thing. ;)
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Hmmmm? :lol:

·
Registered
11,019 Posts
Risk / reward.
Saw a bear while hiking in New Mexico. Maybe 50 yards away. What shocked me was how fast that thing accelerated and moved once he/she realized we were there and decided to 'exit stage left'.

Had it decided to come at us it would have covered that 50 yards in the time it took us to say "Oh sh!t", turn, and take maybe two steps.

·
Registered
190 Posts
years ago a bear ran across the highway right in front of me on my bike, not real close but close enough for me to think. Wow glad I didn't hit it, nothing like laying on the pavement bleeding with a pissed of bear wanting revenge.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
As I recall,(uh-huh:roll:), a grown, no, not a groan-ing bear! Can reach speeds of up to 30, 35 MPH!. Man is just about the slowest food source available whether on land or in the sea! SCENE 1 THRU END) "Twenty foot Great White making up its hungry mind--"Hmmmm, should I go chase that super speedy acrobatic seal for an hour for a couple of bites of food? ORRRRRRR, go eat that flabby assed human and fill my belly for a while? HMMMMMMMM----Maybe somebody more fun to eat(Think GIRL) will be dumb enough to try and save him? I just love decisions!" Great White exits toward flabby assed man, huge toothy grin all the way!" :lol:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

Good point about trout. You know, they crap into the water. Imagine what would happen if you did that in Lake Yellowstone! Bout time the park rangers start cracking down on that one.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Risk / reward.
Saw a bear while hiking in New Mexico. Maybe 50 yards away. What shocked me was how fast that thing accelerated and moved once he/she realized we were there and decided to 'exit stage left'.

Had it decided to come at us it would have covered that 50 yards in the time it took us to say "Oh sh!t", turn, and take maybe two steps.
They are fast AND quiet. We were camping in Norhern California, sitting on the end of the picnic table cooking s'mores over the fire with the kids. I felt the table move, turned around and a black bear was standing on the table 3 feet away. Scared the sxxt out of me. She was not aggressive, just wanted the s'mores which we were glad to let her have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts