Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody coming to Daytona for Bike Week in March?
maybe organize something for this?
I live here and could help in organizing something

·
Registered
711 Posts
We've got about 5-6 bikes headed over from Lakeland. Looking forward to it as this will be our first Bike Week. Most likely heading over for a Thursday or something like that.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, lemme know if I can help at all, if you are spending the night rooms go fast during that week book em early, the sell out fast
if y'all wanna stop in for a free meal I'll fire up the barbie, lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thanks for the invite Bill !!

We're looking at riding over for the day. It'll be good to check out some bikes over there and get some ideas. Mainly, we're looking at enjoying the ride together. It'll be a full day of riding and gawking at other bikes, but with everyone's schedules, that's the best we can do. Besides, a family that rides together... :D

·
Registered
11,178 Posts
On my bucket list for 2017. I gain an extra week of vacation that year and will use it for this.

Keep in touch....I'll see you in 2017 ;)

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Whenever, you may be passing through our area, we have primitive camping available to our members, on the farm here,...
Nothing fancy, just a stop over for the weary...
I make this offer each chance I get, so as to meet some of you...

·
Registered
147 Posts
L O L, I don't run a Bed and Breakfast, unfortunately
Trust me, you don't want to do that B&B thing. My wife and I had 2 bed and breakfasts in Saint Augustine for a number of years. It's a 24/7 gig.

We always hosted a few bikers for bike week each year.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Group of us are trailering down from N.C. Staying at the KOA at the track, this is our second year. If you know any scenic routes that would be great, country roads away from the crowds, I know your asking why we are going to Daytona if we don't want to be around the crowds :) buts its nice to get out and ride instead of walking our bikes. I know A1A and Old Dixie Hwy. I have mapped out a route from Deland to St Augustine on Hwy 17 back on A1A to Daytona and from Deland to Hwy 44 to 19 to Palatka. Looks like everything south of 44 is congested, If you know any must see places that would be great too. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Bike week encompasses central Florida nowadays...
In 2003, I was surprised to see this growth from the late 70s/early 80s, when I had attended last...
I would ride 6 hours from Sebring, FL, to Valdosta,GA to meet up, then ride back to Daytona with Street Choppers, "Run to the Sun" = GOOD TIMES!!!

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
In the vette, or do you still have the HD? I'm losing touch, or forgetting.
So is my wife......Yeah still have both. Not much riding though. 50 degrees is too cold for someone who has no place to go and has to bundle up for a ride to nowhere.

A few more weeks and it will heat up to light jacket weather. Then I will swap the bike and car and put the bike in back of the car instead of in front. Have to move two vehicles to go for a ride. Not worth it. Season is long enough here.

I may be getting close to my riding end days..(my neighbors don't believe it)..

I don't enjoy it as much as I used to out west. I just cannot get into the riding out here. Nothing to see nowhere to go. Everything is the same....two lanes, a few hills lined by trees. No open spaces to see for miles, no real mountains to climb or look outs from places like Sandia in New Mexico, No Bryce Canyon, No Lake Powell, No Zion, No rides to Yellow Stone, Tahoe, No rides to meet up with my brother in Sedona......or with long time friends in San Diego....

Nothing but "Harley activities" I am already tired of .
Yeah end days for me on two are close unless we move back to Vegas...:D

I thought the Harley would "renew" my passion.At least socially....It did for a while. Now it sits in front of the Vette in the garage, I throw away the flyers in the mail for upcoming events, and "discounts on Harley Boutique gear" and I don't get that urge to want to ride just for the sake of a ride.......Gotta find a new "drug"

·
Registered
647 Posts
Group of us are trailering down from N.C. Staying at the KOA at the track, this is our second year. If you know any scenic routes that would be great, country roads away from the crowds, I know your asking why we are going to Daytona if we don't want to be around the crowds buts its nice to get out and ride instead of walking our bikes.
I understand not liking the crowds; but the contradictions I'm seeing are that you're trailering your bikes down so you can go for a ride somewhere away from where you're going. :)

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
There is MUCH to see & Do in central FL...
Many good highways to ride nearby & Daytona Bike week festivities encompass 300 square mile nowadays...
As I mentioned though 03 was the latest I attended SO this is OLD information ;)

I`m still toting my 100 years Ford/Harley keychain souvenir :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not as crowded in the past few years, riding down A1A to 44 near New Smyrna and down the Canaveral Beaches is also a good ride

·
Registered
330 Posts
rb609 it's Daytona!! Warm weather, vendors vendors vendors, new roads to ride, flat track & motocross races, old racer here :). The vendors, crowds and the whole Daytona experience is fun but it always nice to just get out and ride for a few hrs. and see parts of Fla. that you would never see in a car. In a perfect world for me, would be for the vendors to be spread out about an hr from each other so you could get some riding time in between stops. Wives love to stop and look at the same old stuff at the same old vendors. :)

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
rb609 it's Daytona!! Warm weather, vendors vendors vendors, new roads to ride, flat track & motocross races, old racer here :). The vendors, crowds and the whole Daytona experience is fun but it always nice to just get out and ride for a few hrs. and see parts of Fla. that you would never see in a car. In a perfect world for me, would be for the vendors to be spread out about an hr from each other so you could get some riding time in between stops. Wives love to stop and look at the same old stuff at the same old vendors. :)

I traveled 100 miles to vendors, and campgrounds... :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.