Honda Shadow Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,166 Posts
A guy from work told me one time he was riding with the open faced helmet and he hit a bird. He said it got kind of caught in his helmet and he got all scratched up from the birds claws. I did the only polite thing, I laughed like crazy.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
The only time I've ever seen the value of a windscreen was on one of my Run For The Wall trips. The bike in front of me kicked up a big chunk of road debris and it would of nailed the guy riding next to me but instead hit his windscreen. Hit it so hard it actually cracked it. That would of hurt if it hit his face.
Either way, that's the beauty of motorcycling. You can always set up your bike to meet your own individual needs and tastes. As long as you're happy with it that's all that counts!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Which chrome lowers did you use? Did you mount them to the crash bars or on the forks?
sorry it took me a couple days to answer, I had the National Cycle chrome lowers that work with the switchblade system (as referenced by oldguy) I loved them! Just wanted to change the bikes look a bit after 12 years so I went to the batwing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My biggest problem riding without a wind or face shield is my eyes. I do wear eyeglasses, which help. But really need a pair of goggles.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I don't mind the bugs, some taste like chicken :p
what I don't like is the grit from the cars in front of me or the large bugs that will need chewing :rolleyes: You don't want to be chewing with a full face helmet...
Yesterday I was hit on the face by a large bug and wasn't pleasant.
Damn, all the bugs I hit seem to sting me right before they die. Been stung twice this summer, and I hadn’t even ridden a lot this year because I’m spending my time building-out an unfinished garage into a in-law suite.

FWIW, I’ve got a Memphis Shades windshield on my VTX, but no windshield or fairing on the Shadow Phantom.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
My biggest problem riding without a wind or face shield is my eyes. I do wear eyeglasses, which help. But really need a pair of goggles.
You may want to try the Jackson Nemesis safety glasses if your eyes tend to water from the wind. They are safety glasses, and they wrap around your face enough to stop a lot of wind from getting in your eyes. Best of all, they are really inexpensive. Now, if you need prescription glasses to ride, I can’t help you. ;^ )

·
Registered
17 Posts
You may want to try the Jackson Nemesis safety glasses if your eyes tend to water from the wind. They are safety glasses, and they wrap around your face enough to stop a lot of wind from getting in your eyes. Best of all, they are really inexpensive. Now, if you need prescription glasses to ride, I can’t help you. ;^ )
Legally I need them. But to be honest, most of the time I have them on top of my head when driving. My eyes aren’t that bad. A little near sighted, which comes into play reading signs at a distance. Yes, my eyes water when riding. I may look for these safety glasses.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts