Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
This past summer my 2003 Shadow Spirit managed to get a small dent on the top of the gas tank. I touched it up, so it's not too noticable. But I know it's there. My question is when I'm ready to sell my bike how much of an impact will this have on value?

·
Registered
429 Posts
When I buy used I don't expect to see any damage unless I am looking to buy a POS or a beater. I expect everything to be in working condition unless I am looking to buy a POS or a beater.

On a Bike it just depends where the damage is.

On top of the tank would lead me to believe something was just dropped on it, I wouldn't expect it was done by dropping it to the ground.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I agree with Mark V. Unless the bike was priced to reflect the damage (read cheap), I would not be interested.

The bad part is that you're kinda between a rock and a hard place. It isn't worth as much unless the dent is fixed, but fixing it won't be cheap either.

Good luck!

edit: I just re-read your post, and if the dent really is almost invisible, then it may not affect the value that much.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Go to a large car rental company or new car dealership and ask them who they have that repairs there dents and scratches. There are dent magicians out there who are masters at filling and blending dings and scratches. They also do it at way below a body shop prices.
Very well worth a try.

Richard

·
Registered
16 Posts
I acquired a small dent on my gas tank due to a fall and I sanded it and put some primer on. I then affixed a small decal that really compliments the ike and you cannot notice the dent at all.

Coach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts