Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was giving a friend a lift yesterday. I don't know how/why but him getting on or off the bike the left saddle bag changed position and laid down on the pipe. I stopped and thought "hey something smells like it's burning" followed by "where is that smoke coming from" followed by "holy s*it my saddle bag is burning.

I'm getting a new set of hard bags anyway but I really thought someone could use those bags since they are only 3 months old. I was going to offer them to a friend of mine who just bought a bike and if he didn't want them I was going to post them for free on the forum.

Anyone want a pair of saddle bags? The left one has a hole the size of your fist and a broken zipper from me ripping the burning bag off the bike but otherwise they are brand new!! ;)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
... I stopped and thought "hey something smells like it's burning" followed by "where is that smoke coming from" followed by "holy s*it my saddle bag is burning. ...
Don't do that.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
There is a "xmass time" give-a-way of bike goods on here, hang on to em for that....

I can't remember who starts the thread, or when, but it's between members.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
There is a "xmass time" give-a-way of bike goods on here, hang on to em for that....

I can't remember who starts the thread, or when, but it's between members.
Yea it's pretty nice with the people on this forum, I never replied in time for any of the things I would have liked, but I made an extra set of weighted bar ends for the Kury ISO grips I've made for a few people just for that give away. I always keep an eye out for the giving type of members that may be in need on this forum. Even if they don't have a lot, but do what they can to help another. I do what I can to help them even if all they do is give advice. I'm sure you'll find someone in need of them here on the forum, even if they need a little repair.

Dauntae

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
This ...
I'm secure enough in my manhood to have another man's balls in my back!! :D
... immediately followed by ...
To clarify it wasn't actually fire. It was a lot of smoke and melting.
Yeaaaaaah, I'm not THAT secure. :lol: Seriously, you had me balling ... :shock: ... forgive the pun. :wink:

·
Registered
228 Posts
off main topic, but if it's the passenger seat or walking, color me a queen;)

bummer about the bags-- i hate fires on board--no matter what the mode of transpo

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
off main topic, but if it's the passenger seat or walking, color me a queen;)

bummer about the bags-- i hate fires on board--no matter what the mode of transpo
Yeah, I'm just bustin' his b .... chops. :wink: And yes, fire bad; very bad. Glad it wasn't worse, that's for sure Mike!

·
Registered
228 Posts
it's all good:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.