Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dosen't sound like much to y'all but I drilled the three 1/4 inch holes in my mufflers. I didn't want the loud strate pipe sound so tried the small holes in the back of the mufflers. The deep sound is just what I was looking for. Thanks to every one who post about the mod. It also seem to have a little more power..

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Yup, that's what I did on my bike. I did not want real load exhaust, so I just drilled a couple holes and it made a big difference. I can actually hear mine now.

· Registered
365 Posts
Thanks Danny. I've not liked the sound of the mods removing the stock muffler. I would prefer a deeper sound and not much more sound than my stock muffler. I may try that.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
...i might have jumped out of the airliner with a million dollars...
Nice...

Did you know? - Nobody can put D.B. Cooper & Ted "the Unabomber" Kazynski in the same room together at the same time. Same person?

Same with Marilyn Manson and that kid from the Wonder Years.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Danny. I've not liked the sound of the mods removing the stock muffler. I would prefer a deeper sound and not much more sound than my stock muffler. I may try that.
It gave me the sound i wanted i drilled with a 1/4 inch bit at 12 oclock, 3 oclock and 9 oclock just in case i need one more or wanted to plug them
Anyway it work for me

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny2 View Post
...i might have jumped out of the airliner with a million dollars...
Nice...

Did you know? - Nobody can put D.B. Cooper & Ted "the Unabomber" Kazynski in the same room together at the same time. Same person?

Well i was 16 before i knew my name wasn't D B (dum butt)

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
I went the full hole saw mod, completely removed the baffles, then with a 17'' extension drilled holes in the next plates that are deep into the pipes, but you get no extra perks from it but sound which I do like. Slightly adjusted the a/f screw only. I get maybe one muffled pop on decel in about 1000 miles only, so I figure I'm good on that part.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
...Did you know? - Nobody can put D.B. Cooper & Ted "the Unabomber" Kazynski in the same room together at the same time. Same person?

:neutral: ...Not saying you are on the wrong track, John.. But.. You are..

If D.B. Cooper was the Unibomber he would have been caught living in a much better class of shack.. There'd at least have been a-couple of cut-glass chandeliers swinging from the rafters, or a solid gold porta-crapper off in the corner somewhere, I would figure..

IF that was true, THEN.. Obviously.. Same dudes.. :wink:

...Might be onto something with the kid from the Wonder-Years though.. :mrgreen:

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
All can say is y'all have not tried the mod. As my hero Forest Gump said " that is all I got to say about that"
If your bike was running a little rich, if you were getting a little more air than stock, then a little more exhaust might help your bike run a little more efficiently. Not by huge margins.. But Hey.. If you feel it.. You done-did it right! ;)

· Registered
1,096 Posts
Nice...

I KNEW it!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.