Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the OCC episode where hes having them build him a bobber then they went to his house to see his collection.
wow hes got everything I would want and his tastes are modern bikes made to look vintage .

Wish he had them all up on the net to view. He had about 20 bikes from what I could see .

Lots of Indians .

He does something with a company called 20th Century motorcycles but all I have found is clothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
My wife's uncle used to go riding with him years and years ago. I'd say about 1986-1990 or so. That was when wifey's family owned Ghost Motorcycles in Port Washington, NY. They're out of business now, I think or changed the name to Competion Cycles. Can't keep up with what's going on with wifey's family.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
xrayr said:
My wife's uncle used to go riding with him years and years ago. I'd say about 1986-1990 or so. That was when wifey's family owned Ghost Motorcycles in Port Washington, NY. They're out of business now, I think or changed the name to Competion Cycles. Can't keep up with what's going on with wifey's family.....
If I remember correctly, Ghost Motorcycles (and it is now Competition Cycles) is in Freeport, NY...not Pt. Washington. I grew up in the area and still have 2 boys who live there. I get to Competition (and the Honda dealer across the street) most of the times I visit my kids. I also think I remembet that the former owners were from Pt. Washington or around that area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
Ok, there has got to be at least one Christy Brinkly joke just waiting to be let out against the subject line, but since this is family friendly type of forum.......I will behave........

:roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,345 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
Ok, there has got to be at least one Christy Brinkly joke just waiting to be let out against the subject line, but since this is family friendly type of forum.......I will behave........

:roll:
What Christy Brinkley was married to a joke :lol:

As I recall, Billy Joel had a really bad bike accident when he was married to Christy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
I'm not sure how many of the celebs getting bikes made are actually serious about riding. They may just be looking for cheap publicity (even at $100,000, an OCC bike is still cheaper than a recording a flop). Ewan McGregor seems pretty serious about it. Bill Murray takes himself too seriously about it - personally, I thought he was kind of a jerk when OCC was building his bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
Nyiles said:
xrayr said:
My wife's uncle used to go riding with him years and years ago. I'd say about 1986-1990 or so. That was when wifey's family owned Ghost Motorcycles in Port Washington, NY. They're out of business now, I think or changed the name to Competion Cycles. Can't keep up with what's going on with wifey's family.....
If I remember correctly, Ghost Motorcycles (and it is now Competition Cycles) is in Freeport, NY...not Pt. Washington. I grew up in the area and still have 2 boys who live there. I get to Competition (and the Honda dealer across the street) most of the times I visit my kids. I also think I remembet that the former owners were from Pt. Washington or around that area.
Yeah, I can't keep up with wifey's family. The last I heard, Augie (wifey's uncle) was a part-owner. Back in the day, Ghost Motorcycles was owned by Sal (wifey's grandfather's brother- heavy-set guy with long white beard) but then things had to be liquidated. Alot of history there. Wifey's family go way back in the history of Port Washington......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bookman1995 said:
I'm not sure how many of the celebs getting bikes made are actually serious about riding. They may just be looking for cheap publicity (even at $100,000, an OCC bike is still cheaper than a recording a flop). Ewan McGregor seems pretty serious about it. Bill Murray takes himself too seriously about it - personally, I thought he was kind of a jerk when OCC was building his bike.
Joel seemed to be a serious rider . I still really want to know more about 20th Century Motorcycles . It might have been a local club too , he pointed to the patch on his jacket about it .

Hope someone might have more info .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bookman1995 said:
I'm not sure how many of the celebs getting bikes made are actually serious about riding. They may just be looking for cheap publicity (even at $100,000, an OCC bike is still cheaper than a recording a flop). Ewan McGregor seems pretty serious about it. Bill Murray takes himself too seriously about it - personally, I thought he was kind of a jerk when OCC was building his bike.
lol , never saw that episode yet . Was it last year?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
It was last season. Jr designed it, but Murray kept hen-pecking it to death. My wife (who has really enjoyed Murray's "comeback" movies over the last several years) watched about 10 mins of it and was pretty put off by him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts
Best thing I liked about the Billy Joel episode, was not only is he a rider, but he knew what he wanted and wasn't going to settle for what the OCC guys thought he might really want (in their opinion).
Sam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
My favorite celeb rider so far is still Alton Brown. At least he is a celeb to me. Jesse (wow she married you!!!!) James built a bike for Shack O’Neil and I know he rides it all the time, I haven’t seen him but know of folks who have and he is HARD to miss. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Aero98
from what i can cather from Lighhouse Harley-Davidson, Billy Joel is "Retro-designing" bikes. I think just for that dealership (http://www.lighthousehd.com). It took some looking thru thier site, but i fond a little caption under 2 pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Dragoon said:
My favorite celeb rider so far is still Alton Brown.
Agreed, My bro, my son and I are big Alton fans. I've been hunting all over for the "feasting on asphalt" series on DVD to no avail. My bro's the only one who's seen it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
I am sure his show was just produced this summer from what I remember, so it might be some time before the DVD comes out, check out the food network website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rollus1 said:
Aero98
from what i can cather from Lighhouse Harley-Davidson, Billy Joel is "Retro-designing" bikes. I think just for that dealership (http://www.lighthousehd.com). It took some looking thru thier site, but i fond a little caption under 2 pictures.
ahh yes thats what he was talking about , thanks. At least I know where to keep a watch for any new pics now .

Man that dealership seems like a happening place . I would love to hang out there .
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top