Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
956 Posts
Police Officer Drops Lawsuit amid Public Outrage

10/16/2007 - National Legal News

A Casselberry, Florida, police sergeant has filed a formal notice of dismissal in the slip-and-fall lawsuit she brought against the family of a severely brain-injured toddler.
View Full Article

On Friday, Sgt. Andrea Eichhorn abandoned her case in the midst of strong public disapproval. Eichhorn had originally filed the lawsuit on October 1, accusing the family of negligence, but is now dropping the lawsuit altogether.
On January 1, Eichhorn responded to a 911 call from the Cosmillo family. Angela Cosmillo had called the police because her 1-year-old brain-damaged son had fallen in the family’s pool and nearly drowned. Eichhorn responded to the call along with paramedics. Eichhorn slipped and fell on the water that had been brought into the house when the family removed the boy from the pool, and broke her kneecap as a result. She was off-duty for two months, during which time she received full pay and her medical expenses were paid for.
When news of her lawsuit broke last week, Casselberry residents inundated the city's police department and town hall with calls for the lawsuit's dismissal. In light of the public outcry, the police department opened an investigation into the incident, and Eichhorn opted to drop the lawsuit. The Casselberry Police Department is continuing with its investigation despite Eichhorn’s dismissal of the suit.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Police Officer Drops Lawsuit amid Public Outrage

10/16/2007 - National Legal News

A Casselberry, Florida, police sergeant has filed a formal notice of dismissal in the slip-and-fall lawsuit she brought against the family of a severely brain-injured toddler.
View Full Article

On Friday, Sgt. Andrea Eichhorn abandoned her case in the midst of strong public disapproval. Eichhorn had originally filed the lawsuit on October 1, accusing the family of negligence, but is now dropping the lawsuit altogether.
On January 1, Eichhorn responded to a 911 call from the Cosmillo family. Angela Cosmillo had called the police because her 1-year-old brain-damaged son had fallen in the family’s pool and nearly drowned. Eichhorn responded to the call along with paramedics. Eichhorn slipped and fell on the water that had been brought into the house when the family removed the boy from the pool, and broke her kneecap as a result. She was off-duty for two months, during which time she received full pay and her medical expenses were paid for.
When news of her lawsuit broke last week, Casselberry residents inundated the city's police department and town hall with calls for the lawsuit's dismissal. In light of the public outcry, the police department opened an investigation into the incident, and Eichhorn opted to drop the lawsuit. The Casselberry Police Department is continuing with its investigation despite Eichhorn’s dismissal of the suit.

Some people are too stupid to live. Sounds like Andrea Eichhorn is one of those.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I urge all of you to take a few minutes and watch the videos on the Faces of Lawsuit site posted above.

It will blow your mind over some of the stupid lawsuits brought against others.

I watched every single video and I have concluded that 1.) There are people looking for a way to score big off of a lawsuit. 2.) That we have way to many lawyers in this country. 3.) We have to many lawyers looking for fast bucks from insurance companies.

We need tort reform badly in this country........

Chris

·
Registered
194 Posts
1.) There are people looking for a way to score big off of a lawsuit. 2.) That we have way to many lawyers in this country. 3.) We have to many lawyers looking for fast bucks from insurance companies.
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

My son crashed his bicycle while we were camping a few years ago. Broke both bones in his lower leg. It was completely his fault. Going way too fast down a hill, lost control and hit something about 15 feet off the road. The first thing out of some peoples mouths was "I'd find a lawyer and sue the campground". I said no, it was completely his fault. Their response was something like So What, you can win easily.
Now, had it been negligence on the part of the campground, it may be a different story. It was my son's fault completely and our responsibility. Just because people are stupid doesn't mean things are other people's fault.

·
Banned
956 Posts
I had many people suggest to me that I should sue my friend after my Mountain Bike accident. After all, he said the hill should be fine. I still bug him to this day that it was "His" fault that I hurt myself doing an inherently dangerous sport without first looking at the terrain I was about to go down. It is time for people to start taking responsibility for their own actions once again.

Maybe we could start a class action suit against lawyers who tie up court time and use up taxpayer money on frivolous lawsuit?

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
The one thing many people forget is that if your sued, regardless of how stupid the suit may be, you still have to defend yourself and that costs money.

Years ago my little brother parked his dirt bike in my parents yard and was having lunch. A kid down the street stole it and took off **** bent for election down the road. He hit his own little sister ( who was playing in the road ) breaking her leg. The parents of the two kids sued my parents for her injuries.

My parents prevailed BUT........it cost them several thousand dollars to defend themselves through our family lawyer ( and he cut them a break on his bill too ).

I told my parents to sue the kid who stole my brothers motorcycle for the damage he caused to it. But they refused.

We need 1 million less lawyers and tort reform..........badly.........

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts