Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some where on here about the difference between the Spirit and the Sabre and which one was better over all? I'm thinking it's time to move up to an 1100 and just trying to figure which one would be best for my needs.

Thanks for any and all information.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sabre

I dont know how much this helps, but: I prefer my sabre to my buddies spirit. Mine seems to do better on the highway. I dont know if it has something to do with the weight. I think both are nice bikes and either would probably do.

JP

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The Sabre is geared lower than the Spirit. It is great around town, but has higher RPMs at highway speeds.

The front tire is wider on the Sabre. The front tire on the Spirit is just a thin rail.

The Sabre has painted side covers and less chrome than the Spirit.

The upper fork tubes on the Sabre are covered...the Spirit is not.

The handlebars on the Sabre are wider than the Spirit's buckhorns.

The rest of the differences are appearance features such as the fenders and wheels.

Other than that...they are basically the same. Same bullet-proof motor and same low-maintenance driveshaft.

Hope this helps.

Joe

·
Registered
521 Posts
I may be biased :twisted: but I love the Spirit. And, i'd say that if the Sabre has lower gearing , then I'd go Spirit just for that. The only beef I have with the design of the Spirit is that it seems to need a gear in between 1st and 2nd. And, I'd like a little lower seat height - but those are my only two complaints.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, I find that I like the looks of the Sabre more than the Spirit, guess I like the fuller fenders. Was also looking at the Nomad but for the riding I do ( 75% commuting) the smaller bike seems the way to go.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Careful! Sabre's are always crying out for more and more chrome! You will get sick of listening to it, give in and drain your wallet! :D :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.