·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda Spirit VT 750 DCB

Overall the motorcycle seems in excellent condition, with the exception of
this clutch problem which prohibits the bike from shifting
to any gear. It starts and sits in neutral just fine, but dies
immediately when shifting to first gear.

I've checked the cable and it does pull the metal lever all the way, so I'm fearing that it's inside. $$$$

Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it possible that the kickstand down sensor switch is causing this?

Either you have your kickstand down (this intentional kills the engine to keep you from driving off with it down and jackknifing you when your lean into a left hand corner) or the switch may be broken, stuck, or out of alignment and it thinks your stand is down even when it is not.

My 2001 and my wifes 2003 both do this when shifting out of neutral with the stand down.

That is what first occurred to me from your description unless it feels like a mechanical something or other dragging the engine to a stall when releasing the clutch.

good luck.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Had the same problem with my bike. I had only had it 2 weeks and was putting blinkers on it. I couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing wrong. I think I tore the whole bike apart digging through the wiring diagram in the service manual. Wasted 2 hours then put the kickstand up. I was used to Harley's.....

I have a similar problem now. Sometimes if my kickstand is all the way up I cannot start the bike in gear. If I wiggle it then it's good. I suspect I'll need to replace that here in the near future.

T.C.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it's the stand switch, man this bikes are getting high tech. I didn't even think of that.

When I get home from work, I'll give it a go.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts