Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Can't really clean the carbs without removing them 1st. Take pics before removal (took me 3 tries to get the choke cables routed properly the 1st time) Pull the bowls and clean out the passages. Might even take the carbs to a shop and pay the shop to clean them in their sonic cleaner. Less expensive that way if they'll do it. And all you have to do is remove/install them.

btw,, 1100 miles? that's like 55 miles a year average, I wouldn't consider that being used. even if it's 11000, thats less than 600 miles a year, still not enough use.

And Welcome to the forum. I also have a 2003 750 Ace.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
At a minimum, I'd remove the caps if they are still there and pull the pilot screws, then blow some carb cleaner through the passages. Maybe pull the fuel inlet hose, drain the bowls and spray carb cleaner in the fuel inlet until it backs up. let it soak overnight and hope it helps. that could be done by just pulling the tank. Just two bolts and a connector on the instrument panel, fuel and vent hose and two bolts on the tank.

Though I'm pretty sure the carbs need to come out. Pay a shop and have it done right is probably the long term least expensive way to go. probably around $300.00

Reactions: CSRoad
1 - 2 of 2 Posts