Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So this may be a dumb question, but I just need to disconnect the wiring from the wiring harness in order to remove my fender for painting. Below is a picture of what the wiring looks like (It's not my picture, I haven't disconnected the wiring yet). My question is: do I need to do anything special to disconnect the wiring? Or do I simply pull them out? I just don't want to screw anything up. :lol:

·
Read Only
2,714 Posts
These SHOULD be 'color coded', i.e. blue to blue, green to green (there will be 3 to the one connector), orange to orange, etc. I had trouble with mine on my '03 Spirit 750 after I changed my taillight, that the brown (brake) and green/yellow stripe (running) (or vise versa, can't remember which is running and which is brake, exactly) were backwards, but that was probably my fault. I just switched which wire plugged into which connector, though, and everything still works fine.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,017 Posts
Disconnect the battery!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.