Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was poking around this morning, took the left side cover off, and noticed a wire coiled and tucked above the tool box that I've never seen before. Is this a battery tender connection? It has a little cap, pics with it on/off. I'm about to get a tender, it'd be sweet if I can hook it to this.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,963 Posts
Yes I have one the same way.
The Battery tender junior, and probably others, will plug into it.
Check it first since there should be an in-line fuse for protection, and if it is blown you won't get any charging.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Shadow 750 Aero
355 Posts
There is also a usb connector available to charge your phone.

I tried to send a link but it was linked to my account. Try searching usb connector battery tender..

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,141 Posts
That is a standard SAE connector and can often be found at automotive/trailer lighting and solar panel places.
Since it is so easily found it also opens lots of possibilities for temporary connection of many things that want 12 Volts as long as the draw is not too much for the aforementioned fuse.

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,403 Posts
Hi all,
I was poking around this morning, took the left side cover off, and noticed a wire coiled and tucked above the tool box that I've never seen before. Is this a battery tender connection? It has a little cap, pics with it on/off. I'm about to get a tender, it'd be sweet if I can hook it to this.
What exactly is it hooked up to?

·
Registered
3004 VT750C
67 Posts
Hi all,

I have the same thing installed on my 05 VT750, use it for batt tender and air pump. I'd say it's time for you to remove the seat, lift the battery cover off and check the connections to battery. These thins tend to have very small guage wires and can fray loose over time.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,045 Posts
That’s identical to my battery tender connection, funny enough my Spirit had one on it too when I bought it, went to install the new leads to the battery and there was already one in there... guess that’s a good sign from the prior owner?

·
Registered
112 Posts
That’s identical to my battery tender connection
Same here, came with my trickle charger. I believe too, like longbeachgary1 said there is a USB connector available for that. I want to be able to use my phone as a gps if needed and plan on getting the USB connection as soon as I can find a decent phone holder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts