Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah yesterday was a beautiful day for cruising down A1A by the beach. Rode down to see my dad and spend some time. Put about 100 miles on Ace; the seat did well. Anyway ...

A1A is a 35mph single lane beach highway (down to 25 on occasion) with very few broken lined areas to pass. Cops normally swarm the area, so it's best to just cruise within the limit. Coming home I found myself behind a couple of Honda Fury's both riding 2 up (men drivers, women passengers ... no helmets). So I mind my own trying to enjoy the sun and the salt air, but find myself fixated on the target in front of me. How could I not? Both Fury's had no backrest for the passengers, and one of the passengers was wearing a black spandex pant material that was kind of see through due to the stretching and arching of her back and the way the sunlight was hitting her. :shock: :mrgreen: She was ever so slightly attractive and for about 45 minutes that was pretty much my view. Ok, I'm a happily married man but c'mon, not to shabby and if you're going to be a victim of target fixation that's the way to do it! ;)

I did find myself however becoming slightly irritated though because one of the drivers was constantly varying his speed between 20mph to 40mph. All he was doing was pointing at things left and right and swerving from side to side within the lane. I had to rev up a few times to get the variable speed driver's attention that he's slacking! At one point, we stopped at a light and apparently they knew some other rider in the turning lane and started a short conversation. The light turned and yeah, you guessed it, they're still talking. The car behind me honks and they sloooooowly take off. At that point, I pulled over near the beach for about 5 minutes just to let them get ahead so I wouldn't have to constantly battle my front and rear vision for fear of an accident.

So this story may not have been what you thought from the title, but I get so annoyed with people that can't seem to realize they are NOT the only ones on the rode. A few instances I briefly prayed for these riders because of close calls with cages also not paying attention. I don't even know who would be to blame at that point. :shock: But all that kept going through my thoughts was that at the least the guys could have insisted that their lady friends wear helmets to protect their pretty heads in the event of "driver" error.

In the end though, to each their own. Just get the ℎℯℓℓ out of my way! :p

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, was dreaming about the attractive lady you were following and got distracted thinking about it and forgot what I was going to say...

:mrgreen:
I would've taken pics, but didn't want to risk the ol'lady seein'em on the phone. :shock: :lol: I'll shoot'em over via telepathy ... here goes!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Um............

Pics or it is just a dream.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Um............

Pics or it is just a dream.
Yeah, mine. :p

I would've done so, but I wear gloves, my touchscreen phone is my camera, it's password protected, menus to scroll through, pissy drivers behind me and Mr. Stop-n-Go in front. Too many no-no's for something that we as men are perfectly adept at envisioning. :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, you know the rules...No pics= didn't happen!:-(
Coop
Gosh guys, I know it's reeeeeeeeally difficult to imagine those awful driving habits isn't it? I mean all that swerving and Darwinisms and such. And I know my dad's a really good looking guy (I know, I take after him), but jeez ...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I got pretty annoyed at a guy on a full dresser Harley yesterday while driving in my car. He was on a 45 MPH 4 lane road, in the left lane, doing 30 MPH or less, swirving in the lane and obviously looking around. I approached him in the left lane and had to slow down and stay behind him (or swirve to the right and pass him) because I was making a left turn at the next light. As the guy approached the left turning lane he slowed considerably, to about 15, before even getting into the lane. He was almost at a stop by the time he got to the left turning lane. We got (slowely) to the light and stopped. When surrounding traffic was clear he hit it, ran the red light and made his left. Going fast.

I don't know what this dude was looking at or why he felt it was OK to slow the entire road down but we all need to remember that we don't own the road. We get pissed off when cars do stupid things around us but now that I ride again I see bikes doing really stupid things. It's times like that I wish I had a badge in my pocket!

·
Banned
912 Posts
I pulled over near the beach for about 5 minutes just to let them get ahead so I wouldn't have to constantly battle my front and rear vision for fear of an accident.
Uh, don't you mean so you wouldn't have to battle the vision of the rear in front of you?:mrgreen:
So you said they weren't wearing helmets. So I take it Florida has no helmet law?

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uh, don't you mean so you wouldn't have to battle the vision of the rear in front of you?:mrgreen:
So you said they weren't wearing helmets. So I take it Florida has no helmet law?
Yes, the vision was quite distracting at times, but paled in comparison to the driver's idiotic maneuvering. I swear at one point with all his off-handle-bar antics (pointing and such) he was going to throw it all in the ditch! And yes, Florida has no helmet law.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Maybe YOU irritated THEM by following too durned close for a better view?
No pic's? Didn't happen except in your little demented mind!:mrgreen: :lol: Next time pay more attention those cages were honking AT YOU!!!:D JK!

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe YOU irritated THEM by following too durned close for a better view?
Twue, twue. :lol:

No pic's? Didn't happen except in your little demented mind!:mrgreen: :lol: Next time pay more attention those cages were honking AT YOU!!!:D JK!
Haha, yeah but I will bet the honking was directed at me too because she probably thought I was with "them".

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, okay ... I took a pic ... they slowed down for a bathroom break and she floated over to my friend's Ninja for some casual flirting ...

:shock: ... Happy?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.