Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Didn't we just have a thread like this?? Mine is Black Betty (bam-a-lam) ;-)
Yes we did.

Simple question. Do you name your bikes? If so what is your bike's name?

Mine struck me as a "Suzie" as soon as I got on her.
Sure. I call it "you stupid POS. */+&, )*(^&^^&**!!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Spot.......oh wait a minute thats my dog umm i got nothin

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
We just did this, but no, she doesn't have a name . . . unless she's not running; then I call her lots of things . . .

She is a girl, though. She's temperamental as all hell; a guy wouldn't give me nearly as much fun.

·
Registered
128 Posts
my daughter named mine the "Big Red Machine"
which is cool

until I found out from a 1%er that the Hells Angels go by that name

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well I didn't realize there was an older thread on this or I wouldn't have asked. Other forums I've posted in bitch and moan if you drum up an older thread and post in it after it has been idle for a while. My apologies. It may take me a while to get accustomed to this forum's slightly different etiquette.

EDIT:

I would like to add, after searching the forum for "name your bike" and looking through the results page, which only brought up one thread about naming a bike (this one), I noticed this at the top -- "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: name, your ." So it seems that sometimes using the "search" option is less than useful.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well I didn't realize there was an older thread on this or I wouldn't have asked. Other forums I've posted in bitch and moan if you drum up an older thread and post in it after it has been idle for a while. My apologies. It may take me a while to get accustomed to this forum's slightly different etiquette.

EDIT:

I would like to add, after searching the forum for "name your bike" and looking through the results page, which only brought up one thread about naming a bike (this one), I noticed this at the top -- "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: name, your ." So it seems that sometimes using the "search" option is less than useful.
1. Don't let ti get you down. We're like a bunch of old widder ladies around here. We like to lean across the fence and gripe and gossip. As long as it doesn't turn into personal attacks, full blown politics, or bashing harleys, the mods will let it go and see where it goes.
2. Gotta have some thick skin around here. It can be some weird etiquette, but it grows on you.
3. Search function doesn't help a lot sometimes. I have found that a lot of times my search turns up nothing or 9 trillion answers. The topics that can generally be found because they are rehashed here all the time are:
Loud Exhaust
Helmets
Waves
Pledge
ATGATT
Oil
Bike name
Countersteering.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
1. Don't let ti get you down. We're like a bunch of old widder ladies around here. We like to lean across the fence and gripe and gossip. As long as it doesn't turn into personal attacks, full blown politics, or bashing harleys, the mods will let it go and see where it goes.
2. Gotta have some thick skin around here. It can be some weird etiquette, but it grows on you.
3. Search function doesn't help a lot sometimes. I have found that a lot of times my search turns up nothing or 9 trillion answers. The topics that can generally be found because they are rehashed here all the time are:
Loud Exhaust
Helmets
Waves
Pledge
ATGATT
Oil
Bike name
Countersteering.

:mrgreen:
And car tires. :p

It's all good in the 'hood, we just like to have fun with the old classics rather than just gripe about "NOT AGAIN!!! ARGGG NOOB WE HATE YOU!!!" that you get all the time on other forums.

So, welcome and enjoy the mess, try not to step in any puddles of clown you see lying around. ;):D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yep, Red Honda, Silver Honda, and Suzuki. For short: the red bike, the white bike, and the silver bike.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
No, no name for my motorcycles, but my junk is called Mr Roundtree.*

*Yes I know it's a stupid joke, but no more so than naming a motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.