Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which areas do you read? Or do you read them all? I posted a link earlier this morning from the general forum to the tech forum about an oil leak. It was blown away.???
My impression is that most people probably stick to the general forum and don't venture to the tech side unless they have a problem. Tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I use the "View posts since your last visit" link on the top of the main index page to see all of the posts I missed since my last visit. It even works when you haven't left the forum...just go back to the index page and hit the link again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Spirit_1100 said:
I use the "View posts since your last visit" link on the top of the main index page to see all of the posts I missed since my last visit. It even works when you haven't left the forum...just go back to the index page and hit the link again.

Ditto.

Why wade through a bunch of crap that hasn't changed since your last visit?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,881 Posts
Circles said:
Which areas do you read? Or do you read them all? I posted a link earlier this morning from the general forum to the tech forum about an oil leak. It was blown away.???
My impression is that most people probably stick to the general forum and don't venture to the tech side unless they have a problem. Tell me what you guys think.
To answer your question about the removed thread, quite some time ago it was decided to have specific sections in which to post item specific threads, i.e. tech, for sale, etc. By posting links in one section to another section of the forum is akin to having multiple postings for one specific thread. Another example of this would be someone posts an item for sale one of the for sale sections then posts a link to it in the general discussion or tech forums etc. This thread would be removed from the board as well because it's essentially multi posting of the same item.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I read thru everything when I am at work, 6pm to 6am shift can get pretty boring. :shock:

Ted

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I actually go to the tech section first, then head to the general section.

If I've already been on the board in a given day, I'll use the 'view posts since last visit' button

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I am on the forum every day since I joined with a few exception of when I am traveling for work. I look at the general first, then the tech. Sometime I keep an eye on a topic to see how it progresses whether or not I have added to it, other times I go way back just to see some of the stuff from way before I joined.

If nothing is interesting to me at the time, I then log off and come back later. Either way, I usually find something to add to since I am so opinionated. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I read the Tech, and general, in that order...unless I'm looking for something specific.

·
Registered
884 Posts
99.999% of my reading is here on the General Discussion forum. I'll look at the Tech stuff to see if there's anything related to what I'm doing, tho I've got the dealership's shop manual, so I don't have too many questions about the routine stuff. The other stuff, I've found I can figure out. Most of the benefit to me from HS.Net is to see some of the pics in the General Discussion forum and see what some other folks have done so that I know what I can do with my own bike. When I see someone who has wings & a front propeller, I'll be really juiced - then I won't have to wait at the traffic lights!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I read Rides&Events, then Tech, then General, because I have a slow connection and that's smallest to largest order. In the tech forum I read anything that says VLX or doesn't specify model, skip things for other bikes mostly. General, I read pretty much everything I have time to get to, but I rarely get to read it all.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use the "View posts since your last visit" link on the top of the main index page to see all of the posts I missed since my last visit.
I scan new posts for things that interest me or I can add to.
I "View posts since your last visit" like Spirit 1100 every time I log on. Then like bposner I like to see what interests me.

Alan

·
Registered
902 Posts
I usually check Rides to see if there's anything up in my area (there never is :) ) then Tech. I read any post there that either looks like it applies to my bike or that I'm otherwise interested in. Then I go to General and read the ones that catch my interest.
I would say I probably look into 3/4 of the topics on the General page. There are some I can tell by the topic I probably won't be interested in. There are some, regardless of the title, that I'll look into just because of who posted it... some folks are worth reading no matter what they're talking about. :)
I always look at John's pics, the weekly fluffers, and anything safety related. But lately the work firewall blocks Photobucket, so I'm not able to see pics until I get home, then sometimes I forget. (Sanoke, thanks for having your pics on a separate site that our firewall has not noticed yet. :)

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
bposner said:
I scan new posts for things that interest me or I can add to.
+1

·
Registered
58 Posts
I usually read the general discussion then I like to see what bikes are for sale then I look at the lake erie tri state discussion, then I look at the wanted items in case I have something that someone else might want. I pretty much cover it all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts