Registered
11,795 Posts
Keep your head on a swivel !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad you’re ok b
I appreciate that!

I've thought about what I could have done to prevent it. I was aware he was behind me and he was well aware that there was a bike in front of him as we were about 1/4 mile into a 1/2 mile back up. I was wearing a high vis fluorescent yellow shirt.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We all have those moments when we look back at it and try to think about what we could have done differently. Truth is, you can’t go back in time and change it so there’s no point in what ifing it. For future reference you can learn from it and if you can proactively do anything different when in a similar situation, great but don’t beat yourself up about a situation that is now historical. You’re ok, metal can be replaced. Be thankful for that you’re ok.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not my first but my most memorable was a brand new 1969Triumph 650 TR6 (single carb). Cost was $1,300 CND. Couldn't afford the extra $200 for the Bonneville :(

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Weird background story: A friend and I loved motorcycles since we were about 12 when he got a subscription to Cycle World magazine. I wanted a Triumph and he liked BSA. We argued which was better for years. We bought/repaired/sold a bunch of bikes in order to save enough to buy our dream bikes. A few years go by and I had saved enough money to buy that coveted Triumph Bonneville so off I went to the only dealer who might have one.

To my horror the dealer had just sold the only Triumph he had, but had one available bike: the hated BSA Lightning! Had to buy it. Next day I am admiring my beautiful new BSA Lightning when my friend pulls up on ...

You guessed it: new Triumph Bonneville !!! He had changed his mind at the store.

G.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We all have those moments when we look back at it and try to think about what we could have done differently. Truth is, you can’t go back in time and change it so there’s no point in what ifing it. For future reference you can learn from it and if you can proactively do anything different when in a similar situation, great but don’t beat yourself up about a situation that is now historical. You’re ok, metal can be replaced. Be thankful for that you’re ok.
I hear ya, thinking about it is really for the prupose of what can I do differently when in similar situation. I'm pretty sure in that specific situation if I was in a car I would have been hit, the guy was "distracted". And believe me, my head is always on a swivel!

Anyway, that's my last post on it, I appreciate any who read it and the comments but my intention wasn't to bring down an otherwise fun and positive post.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I still have my first, second and third. First Yamaha 1993 TW 200, 2nd- 1986 Yamaha 600 Radian, 3rd- 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100c. All are fun bikes and totally different from each other.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts