Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every winter I hate the cold more and more, my bones ache, and I long for spring/summer/fall , I guess I am to much of a masochist to move away from Kansas to a warmer state, anyone else find this true about getting older and cold weather?

·
Registered
758 Posts
There are different kinds of cold weather, I think. I lived in Denver until 2006 and then came to Arkansas. For me, winters here are harder. Grayer, more humid. Few outdoor activities. A true hibernation season, but at least it only lasts 2-3 months (the "real" winter here).

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
...move from Kansas to a warmer State?....WTF Dorthy?...it's about 14º here with a wind chill of 0º...and I'm just waiting for a buddy to show up so we can get out and go snowmobiling...I love winter...;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are different kinds of cold weather, I think. I lived in Denver until 2006 and then came to Arkansas. For me, winters here are harder. Grayer, more hu
I think it's the wind chill that bothers me the most, I have visited Colorado and it was not as bad as Kansas, the snow just drops straight down there, Kansas there is always a wind a blow'in. I hope global warming starts warming up Kansas so I can ride year around!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...move from Kansas to a warmer State?....WTF Dorthy?...it's about 14º here with a wind chill of 0º...and I'm just waiting for a buddy to show up so we can get out and go snowmobiling...I love winter...;)
6 degrees here,(by my thermometer) and about a foot of snow Brrrrr! snowmobiles in Kansas are like motorcycles in Alaska, they are not used enough to buy one (lots of cold ,but not much snow....usually! ).;)

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I retired in Michigan in Jan of 2000. I left Michigan for Tennessee in January of 2000. That's how much I hate winter and snow.

Now I am further South in Florida and with the few freezing temp's we have had it makes me wish I landed in Costa Rica. :)

I hate cold weather and I hate snow even worse.

But that's just me.

Chris

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
6 degrees here,(by my thermometer) and about a foot of snow Brrrrr! snowmobiles in Kansas are like motorcycles in Alaska, they are not used enough to buy one (lots of cold ,but not much snow....usually! ).;)
...problem solved..you're welcome...;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I live in Kansas also, I'm very sick of this weather! It only made it to 5 degrees here today:( I'm 36 and now my bones ache also to the weather changes and cold weather. come on spring so we can dodge tornadoes..lol

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I believe that I have made my feelings about winter well-known. No need to re-hash it further, except...

I f*cking hate it.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I love this s**t. I hope it gets colder. hope it gets so cold the thermomter freezes. I want it so cold your nose hairs freeze as soon as you walk outside.

HOOOWAH !! CAN'T GET FRIGGIN COLD ENOUGH FOR ME!! RAIN,, NEED RAIN TOO, CAN'T TRAIN IF'N I AIN'T COLD AN WET!!

AIR-FRIGGIN-BORNE!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

seriously though, cold doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Cold never used to bother me, up until about 3 years ago (coincidentally, the same year I turned 50). Now, I friggin hate winter. I hate it more each year. It's -2friggin5 out right now. It's just stupid that people subject themselves to this kind of foolishness. The only thing keeping me going right now is the fact that in 42 hours I'm taking off for Mexico.
AMF's :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I love winter. The snow makes all the uglies look good again. It gives me lots of laughs watching people try to maneuver around in their pseudo-4x4's. Gives me a chance to be neighborly and play with the snowblower. Great videos of people sliding down hills they had no business trying to drive on in the first place. Outdoor chores are fewer, oven-baked meals are more frequent. It's dark early so it actually feels like "night" when I have to go to bed and the neighborhood is quiet. A walk along the river is very, very quiet and peaceful, with animal tracks to see and nobody else out on the trails. Driving at night is brighter and there's less traffic. Nonetheless... I'm so ready for spring :) Every season has its place in my heart, and if winter could be just 3 months long and intense, I'd be the happiest.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Every winter I hate the cold more and more, my bones ache, and I long for spring/summer/fall , I guess I am to much of a masochist to move away from Kansas to a warmer state, anyone else find this true about getting older and cold weather?
YES! That's why I live in SoCal Nov thru Apr.

·
Registered
139 Posts
my passion for hating winter knows no end!!! and to all those people who want to say its colder where ever they are.....so f**kin what that dont make it any warmer where im at if its below 30 its f**kin cold and if you ride its even worse north carolina used to be known for good weather....id like to know what happened to that its just plain miserable around here for 4 months of the year and it keeps teasing us with like one day into the 60's then a month of pure frozen **** so yeh I hate the cold bring on everyday being 90+

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Well…I’m hanging with the rest of the Kansas boys…I hate f*cking winter! :twisted: Although the weather doesn’t bother my bones. I can’t believe you youngsters are already b*tching about arthritis and weather. I’ve broken almost every type of bone in my body through my many years…so I hurt year around. And I’m old. That sucks! And it's cold. There's snow and ice everywhere........:twisted:

Did I mention how much I hate snow? :-D

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I'd rather have the Ks snow than the Ks tornados.....personally, I like all the seasons

1 - 20 of 40 Posts